Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zombies getting stuck when chasing you?
morgoe Offline

Threads: 2
Zombies getting stuck when chasing you?

I didn't notice this in the Amnesia game, but in my custom maps, the zombies keep getting stuck on door frames, on stairs, basically anywhere that's not a linear A->B. If I come back to him and lead him around he's fine, but obviously that's not something I want. What's going on? It's a survival map so I need the zombie to chase you everywhere, not just on a set path.

Also, is there a way to move the zombie to a diff place? I haven't found it in the Script Functions.
11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Zombies getting stuck when chasing you?

(11-12-2010, 09:25 AM)morgoe Wrote: I didn't notice this in the Amnesia game, but in my custom maps, the zombies keep getting stuck on door frames, on stairs, basically anywhere that's not a linear A->B. If I come back to him and lead him around he's fine, but obviously that's not something I want. What's going on? It's a survival map so I need the zombie to chase you everywhere, not just on a set path.

Also, is there a way to move the zombie to a diff place? I haven't found it in the Script Functions.

Maybe try some nodes or look at jonez's survival custom story.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
11-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9

Add in more nodes, and for christ sake make sure theyre connected. To see how the nodes are ordinated, go into MapView, and turn on nodes, the line connecting nodes show how theyre connected. They should avoid any obstacles in a 2x2 grid area.
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Find
morgoe Offline

Threads: 2

(11-12-2010, 10:31 AM)Chilton Wrote: Add in more nodes, and for christ sake make sure theyre connected. To see how the nodes are ordinated, go into MapView, and turn on nodes, the line connecting nodes show how theyre connected. They should avoid any obstacles in a 2x2 grid area.

Thanks for this, I didn't realise you needed to add nodes for AI to work. They still seemed to be getting stuck on stairs, so I added like 3 for each step - is this right? Can you have too many nodes?
11-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9

(11-12-2010, 11:30 AM)morgoe Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 10:31 AM)Chilton Wrote: Add in more nodes, and for christ sake make sure theyre connected. To see how the nodes are ordinated, go into MapView, and turn on nodes, the line connecting nodes show how theyre connected. They should avoid any obstacles in a 2x2 grid area.

Thanks for this, I didn't realise you needed to add nodes for AI to work. They still seemed to be getting stuck on stairs, so I added like 3 for each step - is this right? Can you have too many nodes?

You can, yes. Stairs can be tricky, but the key is to have one for each step, and if scripting have no movement delays.
11-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Find