Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat Lower Crash
Roirrawcro Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Meat Lower Crash

I have been playing Amnesia for about 10 hours today, and every time I go to lower the meat into the well for the 3rd ingredient near the end, then the game crashes, and BlackBox won't work because it whites out my screen. Is there any way you can update this to help so that I don't have to re download?
11-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Meat Lower Crash

If using steam, check cache integrity.

Also post hpl.log from "My Documents/Amnesia/Main"
11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Find
Maxfriik Offline

Threads: 0

I have the very same problem. Reinstall does not work, update does not work as well. I have a retail version.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010, 03:55 AM by Maxfriik.)
11-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Find
Maxfriik Offline

Ok, so I sorted it out by installing the game on the other PC, then I copied the saved games there, did the part with meat lower, saved the game and then I copied it back to my PC. And it works. Smile So if anyone else has this problem, this might by the solution. (Dunno if it works with steam version.)
11-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Find
Terry Offline

I'm also having problems with the meat on the rope. When I lower the meat into the well the game crashes. I've tried reinstalling and applying the latest patches, sill no success.

Last part of the hpl.log says: (Full log attached)

LOADING SAVE GAME!
-------- Loading map '21_torture_nave.map' ---------
Cache Loading: 8167 ms
Entities: 8078 ms
Compilation: 44 ms
Total: 17243 ms
Meshes created: 395
Bodies created: 175
-------- Loading complete ---------
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right03' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right04' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_right05' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right03' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right04' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_right05' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left03' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left04' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_elbow_left05' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left03' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left04' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'chain_hand_left05' in model 'D:/Games/Amnesia/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/entities/character/agrippa/agrippa.ent'
ERROR: Light 'PointLight_40' that is connected to lamp 'candle_floor_4' does not exist!
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 1 to attach to entity 'fresh_meat_onrope_1_Body_1' in 'fresh_meat_onrope.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 3 to attach to entity 'fresh_meat_onrope_1_Body_1' in 'fresh_meat_onrope.ent'
-------- END LOAD ---------

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 5.87 KB / Downloads: 82)
05-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Might be the save the is corrupt, so if possible replay from an earlier save from before the first time you loaded the level with the well in.
05-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Website Find
Terry Offline

(05-30-2011, 06:37 AM)jens Wrote: Might be the save the is corrupt, so if possible replay from an earlier save from before the first time you loaded the level with the well in.

There appears to be only a fixed number of autosaves. I went and collected everything else I think I need and now there are no autosaves that far back.

05-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Spoiler below!
In this case I suggest you skip trying to lower the meat and continue playing without. As long as you have the meat there will be another well later in the game where you can have another go at lowering it. So keep you eye out for a well later.
05-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Website Find
Terry Offline

(05-30-2011, 01:08 PM)jens Wrote:
Spoiler below!
In this case I suggest you skip trying to lower the meat and continue playing without. As long as you have the meat there will be another well later in the game where you can have another go at lowering it. So keep you eye out for a well later.

Sorry. Don't have the meat it's stuck on the rope.
05-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Replay from a save before you stuck it to the rope or else I don't know any other solution.
05-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Website Find