Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Patch for Integrated Graphics Users?
spookykid17 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Possible Patch for Integrated Graphics Users?

I've been really wanting to play this game for quite some time. I've played it at a friends and watched it for many many hours, but I unfortunately don't have the means to play it on my own.
I have an integrated graphics card on my laptop, an Intel chipset of some sort.
I know a lot of other people who have the same situation, and desperately want to play this game.
I've already tried downloading this game, updating every possible driver, and everything else I've read as a possible solution-- but no success. The game won't even start.

My laptop is capable of running most new games, seeing as how my laptop isn't even a year old and I bought it this April. The processor is also an Intel Core 2 Duo, I believe.

Frictional Games, won't you please consider a patch to allow us Integrated Graphics users to play? I think your gaming audience would increase tremendously.

Thanks for your time. Smile

(If there is a patch out, would someone kindly re-direct me? I've looked all over...)
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Possible Patch for Integrated Graphics Users?

It's most likely Intel that needs to "patch" their OpenGL drivers and not something that can be fixed with a patch for the game.
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Website Find
spookykid17 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Possible Patch for Integrated Graphics Users?

(11-15-2010, 12:56 PM)jens Wrote: It's most likely Intel that needs to "patch" their OpenGL drivers and not something that can be fixed with a patch for the game.

Thank you for that, I think I might just need to save up for a better gaming laptop or desktop and try the game another time.
Should I try to find an OpenGL driver on the Intel website specifically? Because I tried that already and I guess they just aren't up to code on that one. Sad

Anyways, thanks again for your response. I really appreciate it.
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Find