Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Draggable Corpses
RafKay Offline

Threads: 1
Draggable Corpses

Hi

I'm trying, as the title suggests, to create a draggable corpse:
I've created a copy of the entity corpse_male and opened it in the modeleditor.

Then i set the Type to 'object' and SubType to 'push'.

So far so good, the corpse plummets correctly to the floor, and i can drag the extremities and the head, but the torso/abdomen are like glued to the floor. I've been playing around with mass/speed/damping for the 'bodies', but nothing worked(also couldn't find any good read in the wiki on that). I figured, it could have something to do with the shape of the bodies.

e.g. the bodies in the grunt corpse are box-shaped and not elliptic/spheric.

Any ideas?

Best, Raf
11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Find
Everlone Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Draggable Corpses

I think the problem is that in the game the corpse cant drag(any the arms,head and legs)
Try to create a box around the missing parts and create a body.
then it should be work.
but if you dont completet it, say it to me, i try it and load it up Wink i will that too for my game.

[Image: 555233.jpg]
11-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9

Its possible that the body is just too heavy to drag - The whole body moves if you let it freefall, or if you bash something into it, but as for dragging, im interested in trying it out
11-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Find
Everlone Offline

Yes is it possible, its not a easy work. I try it if @ home.

11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Find
RafKay Offline

Threads: 1

Heya

I tried creating a box shaped body around the model, but it didn't work. But try yourself, probably you meant something else.
Freefall works, and when i throw a barrel against the corpse, then it moves also, but I tried setting the mass to a low Value and to a high value.

Btw, if you choose 'grab' instead of 'push', you can pick up the corpse, but it looks rather bizarre in my version Big Grin

Also, in the modelviewer the dragging works, but i guess the whole thing works a bit different than the game.

Well, I'll keep on playing with it, and if i find out something, I'll let you know.

Best, Raf
Okay, I got something now, although it's not perfect.

I changed all the masses to 1, except for torso, abdomen, calves and thighs, they are at 1.5, all dampings to 1 and all speeds to 20. This makes the corpse feel heavy, since you can drag or push it only very slowly.
It's a bit strange, thats a total mass of 20. I think the grunt corpse has a mass of 35 and works fine as it does, then again it's set to 'grab' and not 'push'.

First problem: When i put the barrel on top of the corpse, then the whole construction is to heavy to push/drag.
Second problem(i think it's a glitch, but no real problem when playing seriously): When i hit the corpse with the barrel, both disappear.

Best, Raf
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM by RafKay.)
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Find
Everlone Offline

I clear the problem.
Open the corpse in model editor and open another model editor to open the corpse_pig.
Then go on "User Defined Variables" and change the self settings like the corpse_pig.
I try it and its good Smile

11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Find