Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel Graphics Card...Fatal Error: Renderer #0
crappydefault Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Intel Graphics Card...Fatal Error: Renderer #0

Hello there it seems like I am one of the many people here having trouble with the "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized..." problem. I try to start the game, and I get a black screen with that error message. I read through the entire help thread and tried all the solutions like updating my graphics, changing the resolution, etc. and the only problem I could find is that I am using an Intel graphics card, the "Intel ® HD Graphics" to be precise. I have updated drivers and can play any other game I try. I use a Gateway NV79 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium (and Ubuntu on another partition, but I'm using steam/windows for my games).

By reading through other people's threads I've come to the conclusion that I won't be able to run this game, which I've heard great things about and really want to try for myself. I was wondering if there was a possible Intel patch on the way... I saw some other posts asking for the same thing.

I also attached the hpl.log file, in case anyone can help me solve my problem (which would be awesome).
Aaaaand I just read another post answering my question about a patch.... that it looks like Intel needs to patch their OpenGL drivers.... does anyone know where I could possibly find that if they exist...?
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010, 07:21 AM by crappydefault.)
11-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Find
crappydefault Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Intel Graphics Card...Fatal Error: Renderer #0

Anyone have any ideas?
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Find
Irontech Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Intel Graphics Card...Fatal Error: Renderer #0

You could try here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default....ownloadctr

...but I'd guess they haven't updated what would need updating.

I'm buying a new video card for my new desktop (which came with Intel integrated graphics) just so I can play this game; that's how good Frictional's games are!
11-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Find
crappydefault Offline

Yeah, I tried using the Intel site to upgrade my graphics card... but amnesia is still not working. Unfortunately I'm using a laptop and don't have a desktop that can even come close to running amnesia... and there don't seem to be any graphics cards that I can buy to upgrade my Gateway NV79 laptop.
11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Find
AbbySciuto Offline

Threads: 0

I would like to say that I am also having this problem. However, to those naysayers who insist that you cannot run this on ANY Intel chipset, the Intel HD chipset is capable of running Source engine games at 30-60 FPS on high settings, and CoD4 on medium at around the same rate. Looking at the benchmarks for this chipset, I see that this chipset is more than capable of running this game. However, it doesn't now for some reason. I never had a problem with this in the past when running it on an Intel 4500 Mobile chipset (it was slow, but no problems).
11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Those games are not OpenGL games, so that is why they work nicely. It is not a performance issue, rather it is that the OpenGL drivers supplied by Intel seems to be subpar compared to drivers from ATI/Nvidia.
11-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Website Find
crappydefault Offline

Yeah, I sent an email to some Intel help people explaining the problem a few days ago... no word back from them yet. I searched around and didn't find any 3rd-party patches I could use. Hopefully Intel might be able to make a patch for this so I can finally play amnesia.

On a side note, I bought this game under the impression I could play it based off the website <canyourunit.com> which said I could run it at the highest settings... I now see how wrong that website can be. So just a word of caution to people who use those websites; that they can sometimes be false.

Thanks for the help though... and of anyone ever finds a solution, please post it.
11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Find
crappydefault Offline

I was talking with an Intel site operator today, and they said "Unfortunately this game has not bee tested by us. I can send the report up so that they look in to it, unfortunately there is no guarantee that they will fix this problem on future driver releases." (yes, they had a typo with "been")

I attached the chat transcript below, but "Victor" basically said that they may look into the problem, and even if they do there is no guarantee that they will fix the problem on future driver releases.... so it doesn't look to hopeful.

If more people wanted to start sending Intel emails asking about them looking into/fixing the problem with their OpenGL* (specifically for the Intel® HD Graphics), that'd be great. Or if you chat with a technician, they apparently send in a report for every time someone asks about a compatibility issue, I just don't have the time right now to make dozens of false emails to do that.

Oh yeah, and I did remove my email from the chat transcript... just because I am mildly paranoid like that....

Attached Files
.doc   Chat Transcript.doc (Size: 26.5 KB / Downloads: 143)
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2010, 12:10 AM by crappydefault.)
12-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Find
slicethesky Offline

Threads: 2

no fix yet guy im kinda pissed i bought this game nowAngry
12-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Find