Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing stories with altered graphics on the Mac.
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
Playing stories with altered graphics on the Mac.

I'm not very computer literate, so I apologise in advance if some of my terminology is wrong here.

Can anybody tell me how to get levels where the graphics have been altered to work on the Mac?

I know how to get ordinary levels to work (just stick them in the custom_stories folder), but any levels where there are new/different models etc, I can't get them to work. They simply don't appear in the Custom Stories Menu, whereas levels using the standard game graphics etc appear no problem.

From the way people talk about the PC version of Amnesia, I don't think all the files / folders etc are structured in the same way on the Mac, so I don't think the way these levels are made to work on PC will work for the Mac.

So, does anybody know how to do it? Hopefully my request is making sense.

Cheers.

Wow - what a mansion!
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Playing stories with altered graphics on the Mac.

I think your right - I know NOTHING about Macs, but have you tried getting the models and placing them in the games folders rather than the custom folder?
11-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

No I haven't. I'm reluctant to do anything that I'm not sure how to reverse, in case I screw the game up somehow. I was hoping that somebody out there would know how to do it.

Wow - what a mansion!
11-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Find
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9

Create a backup of the folders you modify, then modify them. If you break something, delete the folder, and put the backup in there.
11-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Find