Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Not much fun...
Eyeball27 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Not much fun...

For a game in which I was so scared of dying, I only died 5 times. 3 were due to monsters, 1 to a misstep, and once was a suicide because I didn't want to face a monster.
11-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Find
DigiAngel Offline

Threads: 3

Deleted this today...I didn't see any hole to go through after getting the hammer and chipper....ran out of oil and just walking around in the dark. I like where the developers are going as the game looks, but for me at least...both the Penumbra series and now Amnesia, just aren't enjoyable to play.
12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-16-2010, 02:29 PM)DigiAngel Wrote: Deleted this today...I didn't see any hole to go through after getting the hammer and chipper....ran out of oil and just walking around in the dark. I like where the developers are going as the game looks, but for me at least...both the Penumbra series and now Amnesia, just aren't enjoyable to play.

Well thats your personal opinion. But if you dont enjoy it because its too hard or scary then its obviously not your type of game. For me its as close as any has really gotten to a true horror game. Most 'horror' games are rubbish because you get guns and your overpowered, eg. Doom 3 was supposed to be scary but every tiem i saw a monster i would think... hmm... which gun should i use to own it.

recently i've heard alot of people think dead space and dead space 2 are scary.... to me the 1st one wasn't one bit. 2nd isnt out but it doesnt look scary from what i've seen either.
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-16-2010, 02:38 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 02:29 PM)DigiAngel Wrote: Deleted this today...I didn't see any hole to go through after getting the hammer and chipper....ran out of oil and just walking around in the dark. I like where the developers are going as the game looks, but for me at least...both the Penumbra series and now Amnesia, just aren't enjoyable to play.

Well thats your personal opinion. But if you dont enjoy it because its too hard or scary then its obviously not your type of game. For me its as close as any has really gotten to a true horror game. Most 'horror' games are rubbish because you get guns and your overpowered, eg. Doom 3 was supposed to be scary but every tiem i saw a monster i would think... hmm... which gun should i use to own it.

recently i've heard alot of people think dead space and dead space 2 are scary.... to me the 1st one wasn't one bit. 2nd isnt out but it doesnt look scary from what i've seen either.

First dead space had some decent scared (editConfusedcares) before you got a decent weapon (as in, like 5 minutes in to the game) I saw this thread on another site about the scariest game of all time and literally everyone said Dead Space...it was a sad sight to see. One guy said minecraft and that was just stupid! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 05:04 AM by Spooder Wekd.)
12-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Website Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Taste differs ....

I absolutely love
Amnesia , Call of duty black ops , halo 3 , penumbra , but totally dislike WoW ( World of Warcraft) except for the excelent intros Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p73PZIDQuA

?
12-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Website Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

I'm currently playing Scratches and it's boring me so far, but I'm giving it a shot. Amnesia and the Penumbra series raised my bar for horror, so Scratches better deliver soon! Tongue
12-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Find