Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sins of my past.
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
The sins of my past.

Today, I came up with a concept of a series of maps I plan to create for Amnesia.
The main storyline is about a man who caused much grief and pain on other people during his life. Now, close to his death, he has found a way to enter his own subconsciousness and deal with the sins of his past, in order to finally get redemption.

The plan is to design worn and dark maps, leading to the different sins (jealousy, greed, rage, ..). Puzzle-wise, you should defeat these sins, who are self-aware and will try to stop you without killing you. Because else they would die as well.

At the moment, I'm working on the design of the maps and I made up an intro text/speech for the mod, you can find them in the attachment.
Please note that I recorded the sound file myself using a fairly crappy microphone. My voice is also not as mature-sounding as I would like it to be. Smile

Note: this is a .zip file containing a sound and text file. For some reason, I could not attach a sound file alone.
[attachment=805]

If someone else wants to give the recording a try, by all means: Please do!

Any ideas, comments, remarks?

Post will be updated with more info.
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The sins of my past.

Actually I couldn't hear what you said on the sound file, but that may(is?) because I have crappy speakers. But reading the text file. Sounds a good start. All the good luck for you.

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
11-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Find
Vincent Offline

Threads: 7

Good voice, although there's a constant beep in your mic. try getting a new one will probably solve this.

[Image: 14014353645647cc447974.gif]
11-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Speak up a little! You have a great voice for an Amnesia kind of character, though maybe a bit young for the kind of person you describe. To me it sounded like mumbling quietly to oneself, (which fits, I guess) but it should be more like you reading aloud to the player. Finding a better mic would help tons, too. :3

11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

(11-06-2010, 05:44 PM)Tottel Wrote: Please note that I recorded the sound file myself using a fairly crappy microphone. My voice is also not as mature-sounding as I would like it to be. Smile

This pretty much sums it up. :p

EDIT: Also, I'm no native English-speaker. So actually, a voice artist would be nice at some point later down the road. ^^
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010, 06:37 PM by Tottel.)
11-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

If you need another voice actor, I can help. I could do scripting too if you're looking for an extra hand! So far it sounds great!
11-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Website Find
Tottel Offline

Spooder: Thank you, that would be very welcome. Smile
The way I see it now, I will need several voice actors (or different voices by the same actor).
Regarding the scripting, I have some (and growing) knowledge of C++, so this *shouldn't* be a problem. Although I have no real scripting knowledge.. I've mostly done coding.

Anyway! My exams at school start... in 2 days ( \o/ ), but fortunately they only last a week. Once those are done, I will have some extra time to really get into the mapping and check out how the scripting goes.
As of now, I'm writing a bit of a story and working out the gameplay-elements on paper. In fact, I might do a little edit of my first post soon.
11-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Sure thing. Just shoot me a PM or an E-Mail if/when you need an extra hand.
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Website Find
muffinman16 Offline

Threads: 0

I can do voice acting, and i can also help you out with your writing/ dialog.
11-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Find