Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another noob to the ranks
Nitt Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Yet another noob to the ranks

(12-03-2010, 12:13 PM)Someone else Wrote: It might be that you placed the door inside of the door frame. Thus it is stuck inside it and can't open.
Check the x, y and z position for both the door and the door frame and make sure they are exactly the same.

They were all exactly the same. Except the one that kinda worked, so I fixed that one and now it doesn't work, haha.

EDIT:

Okay, I've found two different ways of fixing this problem. You can tell me if either of them is a bad idea.

1. Change the position of the door along the y-axis - The door seemed to be in the ground a little bit, so I just lifted it up so it fit the frame.

2. Untick the "collides" boxes in the doorframes - I thought this might work too, since it seemed to be a problem of the door being stuck within the frame.

Anyway, I'm assuming 1 will be the better option, if only aesthetically, but feedback would be nice. =]

EDIT 2: Yeah, falling through the map isn't much fun, so I'm going to stick with 1.

EDIT 3: Another question (should I post a new thread for each question? I'm not sure how it works here), is there a way to script the lighting of a torch/candle to cause an event? I'm thinking Zelda terms, where lighting all four torches in a room will open the door, you know?
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2010, 06:58 PM by Nitt.)
12-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

(12-03-2010, 05:12 PM)Nitt Wrote: should I post a new thread for each question? I'm not sure how it works here
I think it might be best to keep all related questions in one topic.
Also to make one topic with a lot of questions if you've got a lot at the same time.
Otherwise I think making more topics is the best idea.
Anyway I don't think there are any rules about it.

(12-03-2010, 05:12 PM)Nitt Wrote: is there a way to script the lighting of a torch/candle to cause an event? I'm thinking Zelda terms, where lighting all four torches in a room will open the door, you know?
There was a custom story that did that.
I think it is called "Cursed summoning part 1" or something like that.

The functions to use are probably
/**
* Callback syntax: MyFunc(string &in entity, string &in type). Type depends on entity type and includes: "OnPickup", "Break", "OnIgnite", etc
*/
void  SetEntityCallbackFunc(string& asName, string& asCallback);
/**
* A callback called when ever the connection state changes (button being switched on). Syntax: void Func(string &in EntityName, int alState). alState: -1=off, 0=between 1=on
*/
void  SetEntityConnectionStateChangeCallback(string& asName, string& asCallback);

@Devs:
Wouldn't it be good to have a syntax highlighter plugin on the forums.
So you can post highlighted code?
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2010, 07:59 PM by Som1Lse.)
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Website Find
Nitt Offline

Sweet, thanks. I'll toy with that.

Another question - How do I place unlit lamps? I selected a file "hanging_lantern_wall_no_light_1" and placed it on the map. I assumed the "no_light" would mean that it would begin unlit, but this wasn't the case. I unchecked the "active" box, which just made it not appear in the test. Not really sure what else to do, but I feel pretty certain I'll facepalm when someone tells me. Tongue
12-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

You can uncheck "lit" in the properties of the lamp Smile
12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Find
Nitt Offline

Properties? As in entity? I'm not seeing it. :/

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it on another candlestick. It's just not an option on the "hanging_lantern_wall_no_light_1" for some reason.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 05:48 PM by Nitt.)
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

It's not on the "_no_light" version because it doesn't give light at all.
Thus it would be pointless, as there would be no reason to ignite it.
It is in the "hanging_lantern_wall".
12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Website Find
Akumasama Offline

He already noticed that, Someone else. Tongue
12-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

(12-05-2010, 11:27 AM)Akumasama Wrote: He already noticed that, Someone else. Tongue
Actually I just explained why it wasn't in the "_no_light" version, in which he only wrote "for some reason".
I explained the reason.
12-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Website Find
Akumasama Offline

Ah okay. Smile
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Find