Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu runs very very very slowly!
shredder9000 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Menu runs very very very slowly!

At the create profile screen, It runs at about 1 frame per 30 seconds! i can move my mouse and it takes about 30 seconds to show where i moved it. whats the problem? i have installed the 1.0.1 patch, and updated my graphics card driver. I have an nvidia geforce 7100 (which according to "can you run it" will work on this game.) 3 gigs ram, and 1.8ghz core duo processor. i know i dont have a gaming rig, but i dont play games much, and when i do i dont care about how it looks. but if it runs at 1 fp30s, i do care. another person on another forum, had this problem, but they purchased it through steam and did something in steam to fix it. i didnt purchase it through steam. so whats wrong? thanks
12-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Menu runs very very very slowly!

The processor might be the culprit. I can't see any other reason why the menu would be moving so slowly. Have you been able to get in-game?
12-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Menu runs very very very slowly!

Try to run the game with the lowest settings and resolution possible, then if that works well, increase them slightly while it continues to run well.

It could also be that you have something in the background interfering, like an open web browser. Also try to turn of Aero theme before playing.
12-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Website Find