Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I'm TOO scared..((HELP))
SillySprites Offline

Threads: 5
I'm TOO scared..((HELP))

Sad Okay guys, Ive reached a part in the game were I really am so scared that I just cannot progress any further..

When I first started playing I managed to muster through it pretty well, like, I was completely fine until I got to the back hall..since then, everything has wearing my fear tolerence down, You'de think I'de grow strong against the fear in the game and be more able to play through it but no, With every moment it, the more scared of it i get.

It all started with the storage, OH MY GOD. I was so scared, it took me almost a week to inch through that place, and Frictional games..putting a monster in that Kitchen closet was NOOOT NOICE! I go to open it and i see that weird shockwave thing that puts emphasis on something scary and I'm like "O.O" the monster noise made me scream at the top of my lungs, I managed to quickly slam the door shut and wobble into the corner, god that scared me so bad, ((By this point he just walks around until I panic and he sees me.)) all of a sudden I heard like..a Electro buzz noise and i see him sprinting at me and I turn off my comp!

but yeah..eventually I got back on and ran out of storage and didn't go near that closet when i managed to return...Anyways, After the week it took me to finish that place I am now in the Jail or prison or whatever.

This place..is like 5x more scary..when I walked into the first hallway and there was that explosion thing..thats where I am..and I cannot go on..but I -waant- to be able to..

>_< my problem is i can't play for more than a few minutes at a time..and even then I barely move..looking around a corner is actually good progress for me Sad help?

Blush
12-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: I'm TOO scared..((HELP))

1. Be more careful, first of all. You can rattle the door just by clicking it without opening it to see if there's a ghoulie on the other side.
2. Know your escape route; know your hiding place. This can give you enough confidence to go forth, knowing you know where to run shrieking once you hear that awful moan.
3. If it gets to be really bad, try to keep your sanity up, take a breather in some light, light a nearby torch, but don't quit.

Also, if you do 2. you won't feel the pressure to cheat by pausing or quitting when something sees you; Daniel/you have a plan. Follow it, hide, keep playing.
12-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-07-2010, 06:25 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: 1. Be more careful, first of all. You can rattle the door just by clicking it without opening it to see if there's a ghoulie on the other side.
2. Know your escape route; know your hiding place. This can give you enough confidence to go forth, knowing you know where to run shrieking once you hear that awful moan.
3. If it gets to be really bad, try to keep your sanity up, take a breather in some light, light a nearby torch, but don't quit.

Also, if you do 2. you won't feel the pressure to cheat by pausing or quitting when something sees you; Daniel/you have a plan. Follow it, hide, keep playing.

Trust me, I always follow those safety tips, I always keep 1 door open if i find one, I always keep potential hiding room doors half open, Im really good at making mental maps of places, I know how to get to any place in any part of the castle ive already been in flawlessly, but my problem isn't so much in me surviving (I haven't died once) its moreso Me as a person being too scared, Even if Lets say, I knew a monster will come if i do something

I'll still be way to scared, Even with the comforts of hiding I still am too terrified to progress! Sad

This game is SOO scary :< It makes me shake and panic by just turning it on

-Btw! I play with lights on and tv on, and I STILL am greatly terrified, Playing with lights of and stuff is not an option for me xD
12-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Sounds like you might be a bit too on edge for this game, then.
12-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Find
ving Offline

nope sounds like a success story... isnt this what the game is about? Wink

keep going man, you can do it.
12-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Find
SillySprites Offline

Darnit Amensia!! I will not loose! >w<!!!!
(12-07-2010, 06:43 AM)ving Wrote: nope sounds like a success story... isnt this what the game is about? Wink

keep going man, you can do it.

I guess so Tongue Amnesia is definetly the scariest game ever made..Btw, what is the difference between a grunt and a brute? The only monster ive seen is those tall, naked, leathery flabby guys with octopuss heads and weird eyes and stretched mouth. Like in the the storage section.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 06:46 AM by SillySprites.)
12-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

Brutes like to eat children up.. Keep playing. Just watch out around beds, they like to hide and creep out from underneath. They look like normal props and objects but that's because they can cloak themselves, so know your exit before you light thos candles or throw thos chairs. Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM by Alex7754.)
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Find
ving Offline

(12-07-2010, 06:43 AM)SillySprites Wrote: I guess so Tongue Amnesia is definetly the scariest game ever made..Btw, what is the difference between a grunt and a brute? The only monster ive seen is those tall, naked, leathery flabby guys with octopuss heads and weird eyes and stretched mouth. Like in the the storage section.
i dont know, i just purchased the game after finishing the demo, i have barely started. I dont think i want to meet either one~!
12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

I can understand how you feel. I had Amnesia for about three months now and still haven't finished it due to work and shear fright. My advice - always check corners and know the nearest hiding spots. I can't tell you how many times I had to pause the game for hours on end simply because I was being chased and could not find a decent hiding spot.

Also, about the TV and lights, I suggest turning them off. If you truly want to experience the game and get maximum fear factor, play in a dimly lit room or with no lights at all. Yes, it will scare you much more, but that's the best way to play the game!
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

Threads: 1

If you manage to pass the prison, you'll feel much more confident, so go on!
12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Find