Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Is Everything Pitch Black?
digger91 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Why Is Everything Pitch Black?

I can get to the main menu and start a new game. But once the opening cutseen plays I can only here it and see the subtitles across the bottom. Then when I get in the game itself the room is pitch black and all I can see is the aiming recticle in the middle of the screen. I can hear everything around me, and I can move. I can even open up the mementos book and can see that fine. But the environment itself is all pitch black. Anybody heard of this happening?
12-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Why Is Everything Pitch Black?

I'm not sure what wrong but at least you should make sure your brightness is alright in the game menu and also try turning off all post effects and see if that fixes anything.
12-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Find
digger91 Offline

Threads: 1

From what I've gathered around the forum, my intel core i5 processor isn't currently up to date enough to run amnesia?
12-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It is by far capable of running the game!

I am guessing you will need to update the drivers for the graphics card, please post the hpl.log file from My Documents/Amnesia/
12-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Website Find
Gamefreaks21 Offline

Threads: 0

I have the same problem. I'm using Intel HD graphics, which I assume is the problem. It claims to support OpenGL 2.1, but does a terrible job. Any game using Directx runs fine. Before I updated my drivers, Amnesia would crash on start. Now I can play, but can't see anything. >Sad
If anyone knows a fix for this, I'd love to hear it.
12-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Unfortunately the Intel graphics does not work at the moment. But the "good" news is that they seem to make progress, as the game will now run compared to before when it would only crash. Hopefully they'll update the drivers more and eventually the game will run.
12-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Website Find
LollyPoopdeck Offline

Threads: 0

Damn it, I have the same problem and same graphics card as you guys... Really sucks, I was looking forward to this game, bought it last night, and now I can't even play it.
12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Find