Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoadLibrary failed with error 998
chunakis Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago LoadLibrary failed with error 998

Amnesia fails to start or give me the dialog box about graphic settings, and gives me the error message "LoadLibrary failed with error 998: Invalid access to memory location." My graphics card is updated so I don't know what else to do. Oh and I use windows 7. Thanks.

Edit: the hpl.log says i have a Intel HD Graphics card. however my laptop has switchable graphics , and i am currently using ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. The Intel HD Graphics card is for when my computer is running on the battery to prevent excess battery loss.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 07:02 AM by chunakis.)
12-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: LoadLibrary failed with error 998

Make sure that the ATI card really is used, perhaps force the use of it if you can through a control panel setting. According to the log the game tries to use the Intel card so that is why it crashes.
12-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Website Find
chunakis Offline

I looked for a way to force the Radeon video card to play the game but I've had no luck finding a solution. Looking at the hpl.log, I did try to play the game when my laptop was running on the Intel HD graphics which gave me the same error message that was in the hpl.log. Is it possible that when I tried it with the Radeon video card a hpl.log was not created or updated? My past numerous tries have all been with the Radeon video card active. And the hpl.log has not changed nor has a new one been made. Sorry about the possible confusion.
12-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Find
chunakis Offline

So I deleted the hpl.log and when I tried starting it with the Radeon video card, same error message (LoadLibrary...) and no hpl.log. I switched to my Intel HD card and tried starting the game and I got the "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information." error message and this hpl.log. Hope that helps.
12-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Are you sure you have downloaded new drivers from ati.com and updated the drivers for the radeon card?
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Website Find
chunakis Offline

(12-13-2010, 10:34 AM)jens Wrote: Are you sure you have downloaded new drivers from ati.com and updated the drivers for the radeon card?

Windows 7 and HP say my drivers are updated. I did check ati.com and it does show that my radeon card isn't updated, but I read through the release notes and it specified that Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel chipsets are not compatiable with the new driver.
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Find
chunakis Offline

Can anyone help me? Or a post saying you guys are on it would be greatly appreciated.
12-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Find
chunakis Offline

I talked to a HP representative and they told me a couple things.

"The error message "LoadLibrary failed with error 998: Invalid access to memory location" is relate to 32 bit application."

"This issue may occur if the LocalGroups input parameter is specified in the LsaLogonUser function in the 32-bit application. The "Invalid Access" error occurs because the 32-bit structure that is used in the function is not correctly handled in the 64-bit environment."

"The "invalid access to memory location 998" error occurs because the 32-bit file structure that is used in the application execution function is not correctly handled in the 64-bit environment."

"Click on the below web link to install the patch in your PC:

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHo...kbln=en-us "

"If the game is 32 bit, it may not work in 64 bit operating system due to compatibility."

The specific patch/hotfix didnt work. Also, is Amnesia a 32 or 64 bit game? I wasn't able to find that information anywhere. But basically my talk with HP was that the game should work with my laptop's specs and that I should check with you guys to figure out the problem. I hope this info helps. Thanks.
12-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Find
chunakis Offline

Can I get a response from someone please? I've been trying to be patient with you guys for over a week, but I'm no longer getting any responses. I can understand if you guys don't have a huge support team to help me out, but it would be nice if I could get a sign that this post is actually getting read.
12-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

A 32 bit program should run correctly in a 64 bit environment, it'll just put itself in a type of 'compatibility mode'. I'm running Amnesia is a 64 bit environment and haven't encountered any problems.

Try uninstalling the Intel drivers and run the game.
12-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Find