Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia is not working
deadbeat58 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia is not working

I know you guys are sick of hearing about the game not working. However, I just bought an Alienware M11X with a 64 Bit operating system. The Display adapters are Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I am getting the Renderer #0 error over and over, and I have tried downloading a few different drivers, but nothing seems to be working. Can you direct me through the process of installing a driver compatible with my laptop that will play Amnesia? I am wary of uninstalling drivers since I really don't know much about computers. I figured that having a Gaming laptop would resolve most if not all graphics issues I could run across, but this is really disappointing.
12-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia is not working

If the Intel integrated graphics is the only graphics option in the computer you can not run the game, as Amnesia requires an ATI or NVIDIA graphics chip. If this is a gaming laptop you most likely have an ATI or NVIDIA, in which case I think you will need to check the settings for the graphics and or power savings to see if you can force it to use the ATI/NVIDIA as it is likely that the game tries to use the Intel integrated instead.
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia is not working

What? Alienware M11X uses Integrated graphics?... You might want to check your device list to see if you have a two video adapters. If you do, I think it would be safe to disable the integrated device.
12-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Find