Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character stuck in corner
GrandSpleen Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Character stuck in corner

This is a technical problem but not a hardware issue.

My character has become stuck in a corner of the wine cellar, in a crouched position between a wine shelf and the wall. I'd really like to be able to free him without starting the game from scratch. The game has been saved, and when I load it up he is in the same, stuck position. No amount of wiggling seems to be able to free him.

Is there a debug/no clip code to get me free, or some sort of unstuck command? Or a way to roll back to an older save?

Thanks for any help,
GS

EDIT: I've seen other posts referring to "load an older save." The only way I have been saving the game is to save & quit when I'm finished playing (as per the game's suggestion on first booting up). I didn't even know there was another way to save it (so I didn't realize you could even get alternate saves...). But then, I haven't been looking for it. Or is there a different way to load "old" saves?
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2010, 05:40 AM by GrandSpleen.)
12-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Find
mikael Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Character stuck in corner

When you start the game, chose Load Game instead of Continue Game. There you should find a wide range of saves the game made for you. The game auto-saves after every important move you make, so you shouldn't lose more than few minutes of play.
12-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Find
GrandSpleen Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks. I lost about 15 minutes, but it beats starting from scratch!
12-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Find
TenshihanQuinn Offline

Threads: 0

Ahh, too bad I only JUST signed-up here, ...the solution is to CROUCH and jump away from what's keeping you stuck, ...try doing it in different positions and see if that helps, ...it helped me!
12-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Find