Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your OpenAL installation
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your OpenAL installation

could you find out what type of audio card it is? maybe its unsupported by your system or even the game, hence the emulation
12-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: No sound devices available! Check your OpenAL installation

Sorry about the link, I just fixed it.

And as for OpenAL not recognizing your card properly, I found there are more people with this kind of problem. Let's just try with OpenAL-soft for starters, see if it works. If not, we'll see what we can work out.

EOF
12-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Find
Kombucho Offline

Threads: 1

well it works now , thank you Smile

(12-17-2010, 04:04 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: could you find out what type of audio card it is? maybe its unsupported by your system or even the game, hence the emulation

but if i can insert it into my motherboard then its supported ?
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 06:40 PM by Kombucho.)
12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Find
ElitexvxRampage Offline

Threads: 0

Ok, so i am getting this ERROR message to. I am stuck installing OpenAL Sad

I am using InstallShield and it says "1607: Unable to install InstallScripting Runtime." :S
02-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Download the installer again, make sure you get the right version for your operating system.
02-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Find
tappi Offline

I have the same problem and I can't find a solution for it.

The game gives the error 'FATAL ERROR: Failed! Check your OpenAL installation'.

I don't have a game settings file in the amnesia folder in my documents, only the log file.

I installed the openal sdk mentioned in this thread and tried the examples, and they worked.

I'm running a windows vista 64-bit, my speakers are connected through the SPDIF interface, but the problem persists even if i connect my headphones and change the default output device to the normal 'speakers' interface through the windows playback devices dialog.

Any help?
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2011, 03:26 AM by tappi.)
03-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Find
tappi Offline

Hmm I found a way to bypass the issue. If I play something at the same time as I launch amnesia, amnesia will start without an error, ie. if i have winamp playing some song or i'm watching a video that has sound i can play the game.
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Find
whizz88 Offline

(12-16-2010, 08:42 PM)Kombucho Wrote: I have tried everything that could be related in the troubleshooting topic . i have open al installed , but what else can i do ?

Hey there i found the answer to your problem, you need to connect a sound device, earphones, speakers just so that the game can detect an audio preference . just plug any old earphones in and you will be good to go (y)
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Find