Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering screeen
yourgameisbroken Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Flickering screeen

I just bought Amnesia off of Steam and I can't play the game because the screen flickers too much.

I'm on a laptop:

Intel Core TM2 duo 2.00GHZ
ATI Radeon HD 4600

I'm really disappointed in you, I'm all for supporting small developers and underdogs but you've clearly released a broken game. So many people have trouble playing this - you shouldn't have released it on Steam without testing it first.
12-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Flickering screeen

The game is not broken, you just have some settings messed up. Have you tried adjusting your screen refresh rate?

EDIT: Was it really necessary to name yourself 'yourgameisbroken'? I can see you making maybe one or two posts and never coming back.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2010, 07:17 AM by Tenacious.)
12-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Find
yourgameisbroken Offline

Threads: 1

Yes because this is the only game I have had trouble with since I downloaded Steam. I was even able to run Deus Ex without problems and that is a very old game.

I don't know how to do that, could you please be more specific?
12-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

How could they test it and make sure it runs for everyone if they are small?

Plus, 99% of the "OMG IT DOESNT WORK" topics here are about people with Intel cards. Intel cards are incompatible with the game.

12-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

(12-20-2010, 07:20 AM)yourgameisbroken Wrote: Yes because this is the only game I have had trouble with since I downloaded Steam. I was even able to run Deus Ex without problems and that is a very old game.

I don't know how to do that, could you please be more specific?

Open the Catalyst Control Center and see if you can find screen options. There should be an option concerning the screen refresh rate. Mine is currently set to 60 and work perfectly. I don't have an AMD card so I can't tell you exactly.
12-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Find