Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
Raymond Offline

Threads: 24
RE: The most scariest enemy

What is "The Shadow"?
I never completed the game before.

One World To Another [DEMO] coming soon.
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Then complete it?

03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Website Find
jaivyn Offline

Threads: 1

My mind made it worse.
The enemies weren't that scary. I was completely spazzing in the Storage, but when I saw the monster, I froze and stared at it and watched it slowly walk towards me, thinking "is that thingie going to kill me?" And then I just ran and died because the steam overlay came up instead of my inventory...

But the one that does get me tense is the brute.. it's horrible lol
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011, 06:51 PM by jaivyn.)
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(03-09-2011, 02:50 PM)Raymond Wrote: What is "The Shadow"?
I never completed the game before.

The shadow is mentioned at the very beginning of the game...
03-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

The Water Lurker, by far. I mean I guess I can't say the creature itself is scary, since I have no idea what it looks like, but then the fact that it's able to scare me so much while remaining invisible is quite a feat.

But the Brute is quite horrible too, and my first encounter with it, in the sewers (I was running toward the exit door, and thought I heard it coming from in front of me, so I turn around and the thing slices me in the face), was brain breakingly scary.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011, 02:40 AM by thepaleking.)
03-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

I never had a problem in the sewers. The one that got to me the most was the one that breaks down the door in the morgue.
03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Find
Raymond Offline

Threads: 24

I wouldn't know someone would be scared of The Shadows Big Grin.

One World To Another [DEMO] coming soon.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2011, 08:51 AM by Raymond.)
03-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You still don't know what is The Shadow in Amnesia.

03-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Website Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

Grunts and brutes were equally scary to me. After all, the only real difference between the two is the amount of damage they do to you.

The Kaernk was pretty frightening the first time I ran into one, but ultimately their limited mobility made them much less scary to me. If I was voting for most original monster though, I'd definitely go with the Kaernk because its got an original name and its body is made of otherworldly elements that Daniel cannot possibly see.

03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Website Find
Shammeh Offline

I made an account just to reply to this.
I just finished my Let's Play of Amnesia today, and i can say that I have NEVER felt so accomplished from a video game before.
I voted for the brute, simply because of The Choir. The Choir was hell for me. Here's why:

I had gotten all 3 orbs in the Trancept and left for the Choir. The initial encounter in the entryway gave me a very bad impression. The lack of monsters in the Trancept also terrified me. Entering the Choir, I hugged the walls like no other. I first began left, and checked out the iron maiden room. It opening further scared me. I managed make it across the bridge on the right from the entrance and to the first hallway with the brute encounter. I escaped that by running back and hiding. When i got the piece of the orb in the wheel room, i thought i was done. I went to the chancel and put my 5 pieces of orb into the space and realized i needed one more piece. My 2nd trip to the Choir was the worst thing i encountered ever. I first entered and ran straight to the bridge straight ahead, wanting to rush this process of getting the last orb. I heard the strange noise of the brute and started running back because I thought he was from the bridge, as I had not gone across that before. I ended up hitting him straight on and squealing in fear on my mic. Eventually I made it across only to encounter ANOTHER brute that I ran into head on. It was terrible. I was wimpering the whole time during my frantic escape after I got the last orb.

That and the encounter outside of the machine room in the chancel after you escape the prison scared me the most.
03-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Find