Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Demo: No Graphics/All Black Graphics
CarpetBomber Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Demo: No Graphics/All Black Graphics

Hello.

I downloaded the Amnesia Demo on Steam a while back and when my computer couldn't even launch it, I didn't think much of it because I wasn't really psyched about the game. Now I've seen gameplay of it and I want to try it myself. I remembered it would never launch and my friend suggested updating my drivers, so I did about twenty minutes before I posted this. The game actually launched after that so I know the update was successful and I now have the latest drivers. I saw the loading screen and the white text of the main menu and everything, but no graphics at all, even after setting the graphics as low and as high as possible and messing the Gamma display. It's just all black all the time. Even the opening cutscene is 100% black, no light from the windows that I only knew were there after watching some demo gameplay footage.

I used "Can You Run It?" and the test revealed my computer had the minimum requirements, graphics card included, to play the game. Here's some specs:
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3) with the latest driver
More than enough RAM and high enough CPU speed (GHz)

I have seen screenshots of other people with a similar problem, but at least they have the ability to see the flame of the torch and the blood on the ground at the main menu screen. I just see black everywhere, except the text. I tried adjusting the resolution all the way to really low levels, turning off full screen, and turning off those two things in Advanced graphics settings (EdgeSmooth and some acronym starting with an O). I have heard that Intel graphics cards tend to suck for gaming but I'm not willing to accept that as a full explanation. I want to know why I can't see ANYTHING under any circumstances.

It's just a demo and I really didn't waste any money on it or anything but it looks like a game I would really enjoy so if there's any kind of advice someone could give, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry, I tend to talk a lot.
12-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Demo: No Graphics/All Black Graphics

I'm afraid your graphics card is unsupported. It is made by intel, Amnesia requires one made by nVidia or ATI.

12-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Find
CarpetBomber Offline

Threads: 1

(12-21-2010, 05:22 AM)xiphirx Wrote: I'm afraid your graphics card is unsupported. It is made by intel, Amnesia requires one made by nVidia or ATI.

Ah. Well, if my graphics card is failure-specific to this game, then I suppose that a better explanation than just "Intel graphics cards suck." It's a shame I won't be able to play this game. Thank you for the information.
12-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Yeah, cards made by Intel don't have some OpenGL functions. Amnesia happens to use those functions.

12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Find