Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SetPropActiveandFade(Nevermind...)
Dark88 Offline

Threads: 6
SetPropActiveandFade(Nevermind...)

So, I've been trying to get a script working that causes the entity to fade into view like the shadow's slime does a few times in the main story. I thought maybe it was just this function but whenever I try to run it it says No matching signatures to SetPropActiveandFade(string@&, const bool, const uint).

I first thought maybe it was because it didn't recognize the entity but it works fine if I just use the SetEntityActive function.

My guess I'm either doing it wrong or my assumptions of what this function actually means is wrong. I was wondering if anyone had an insight as to what could be the issue. Smile

Here's just the basic script I'm trying to get to run before getting crazy with it:
void OnStart()
{
    AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "BlockArea", "Block", true, 1);
    AddUseItemCallback("", "key_mainhall", "MainHall_1", "UsedKeyOnDoor", true);
}

void Block(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
    SetPropActiveandFade("WW_Block_*", true, 3);
}

Edit:Immediately after posting this I double checked the code for like the twentieth time and realized how foolish I was to have missed that it's because I didn't capitalize And in the function. I spent almost 3 hours staring at the code and didn't once realize I left it uncapitalized... Fixed recompiled it and now it works. I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time reading this...Sad
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 08:04 AM by Dark88.)
12-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: SetPropActiveandFade(Nevermind...)

That's why I use Notepad++ Big Grin

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Find