Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Demo
Micheal Myers Offline

Threads: 1
Demo

Just finished the demo. Very very good I must say, much better than the tech demo, which is to be expected.

I just wish it was a little longer, would have been nice to at least fight a few creatures.
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

RE: Demo

I've a question - I'm afraid to play the demo because I'm thinking it will be the beginning part of the actual game, and I don't want to be spoiled. But it seems I vaguely recall something about the demo being completely separate from the main game for just this reason. Is that true? If it's true then I'll be more than glad to try it out. ^_^ ...when I get my computer back up and running again.
03-08-2007, 10:46 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

This is the official demo, not the tech demo.
The tech demo is the frictional team's orignal game, it was just something to show off how the engine works and what it can do. But they didn't expect it to get so many downloads. So they decided to create an actual commercial game, penumbra-overture.

The demo is the very beginning of the penumbra-overture (The commercial game which will be for around $20-25 us dollars)
But it's basicly the very beginning of the actual game, it makes you want more, and doens't really spoil anything.
Recommend you trying it=)

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

gamgam, I've been around for a while now. Don't you recognize me? :p Of course I know the difference between the tech demo and the overture demo. I was referring to the overture demo.

But thanks for the information anyway. Looks like I'll be avoiding the demo. I consider everything to be a spoiler if it's in the final game. I like to see everything for the first time when I'm sitting down to play it for real.
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

The demo is the start of the game. However, it uses the same directory for saves as the full game so when you buy the full version you can start from (almost) where the demo ended.
03-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

I guess that is good to know Big Grin
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

its not like it was THAT long so ם:
we will more likely want to have from start to finish at around the same time, since the game will be coming out in a... while P:

il probably get it for my friend, he hates being scared but he plays this stuff anyway, the tech demo scared the shit out of him :3
too bad less things happened in this demo to freak you out, though the atmosphere kept me nervous.

03-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Website Find