Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor: Object Preview
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6
Level Editor: Object Preview

I recently bought Amnesia on Steam for myself since I decided a relative would enjoy the game. I uninstalled Amnesia, bought it off Steam and downloaded it with no problems. I moved all my custom stories and tools over with no problem. My map opens up fine, however I can no longer see any object previews. I didn't have this problem before and can't think of a reason as to why it's doing this now.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
12-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Level Editor: Object Preview

(12-24-2010, 11:49 PM)Tenacious Wrote: I recently bought Amnesia on Steam for myself since I decided a relative would enjoy the game. I uninstalled Amnesia, bought it off Steam and downloaded it with no problems. I moved all my custom stories and tools over with no problem. My map opens up fine, however I can no longer see any object previews. I didn't have this problem before and can't think of a reason as to why it's doing this now.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have same problem weird :S

“Life is a game, play it”
12-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

(12-25-2010, 12:18 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(12-24-2010, 11:49 PM)Tenacious Wrote: I recently bought Amnesia on Steam for myself since I decided a relative would enjoy the game. I uninstalled Amnesia, bought it off Steam and downloaded it with no problems. I moved all my custom stories and tools over with no problem. My map opens up fine, however I can no longer see any object previews. I didn't have this problem before and can't think of a reason as to why it's doing this now.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Can you place objects? Even though I can't see the preview I can still place objects without an issue. Still, I'd like to see what I'm placing before placing it. Sad
12-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2010, 12:21 AM)Tenacious Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 12:18 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Can you place objects? Even though I can't see the preview I can still place objects without an issue. Still, I'd like to see what I'm placing before placing it. Sad

Yes i can see objects but not Object Prewiew :I

12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Quick update: I'm able to see the cellarbase static objects but that's about it. Would this have anything to do with the patch?
12-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2010, 12:46 AM)Tenacious Wrote: Quick update: I'm able to see the cellarbase static objects but that's about it. Would this have anything to do with the patch?

Im not seeing them either Sad Only some objects maybe half of them.. Weird and annoying..

12-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

I'm tempted to go back to my other copy, but it's all ready to be sent to my relatives house and I don't want to deprive him the chance of making levels if he chooses to. I was thinking about asking Steam for a refund, but the game works fine and the level editor isn't included with the download so that's out of the question.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I would like to continue work on my map, but I'm not going to sit here for hours on end placing random objects to see what they look like.
12-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2010, 01:23 AM)Tenacious Wrote: I'm tempted to go back to my other copy, but it's all ready to be sent to my relatives house and I don't want to deprive him the chance of making levels if he chooses to. I was thinking about asking Steam for a refund, but the game works fine and the level editor isn't included with the download so that's out of the question.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I would like to continue work on my map, but I'm not going to sit here for hours on end placing random objects to see what they look like.

Yep same here Sad I hate this!

12-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

For some reason, the editor is now correctly showing the items. I don't know what I did!
12-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2010, 05:37 AM)Tenacious Wrote: For some reason, the editor is now correctly showing the items. I don't know what I did!

Not for me weird bug :S

12-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Find