Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with editor!!
BLANK2042 Offline

Threads: 1
Help with editor!!

hello i have a basic question on the hpl level editor, i have been openeing other peoples maps in the level editor to try and learn more about the editor and such, so i loaded the french map about the prison, and the only area is the prison that i can access, i was wondering if theirs a way to open a new tab or page or something to see the rest of the map (also to give my map another "level"), on the french map theirs an 'area' that is level change, but i dont know how to see the rest of the level, or to create multiple levels in the editor.
12-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Find
JokeDindon Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Help with editor!!

I'll try to answer you the best I can. Levels are made of many maps connected between eachother by area portals (they look exaclty like doors but instead of opening they load the map they are connected to) so if you want to look at the rest of the whole level there must be another .map file in the folder you found the "prison" one. If theres no more .map files then the custom story you downloaded is probally not finished like most of them at this moment. Please make me know if thats not clear enough I'll do my best to explain. English isn't my first language so my explanations may be cheesy.

My custom story: Legacy of the Past it's right here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5886.html
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2010, 04:23 AM by JokeDindon.)
12-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Find
BLANK2042 Offline

thanks for the answer and it being timely, yes okay well im confused because the map does go on at least one more map load but the only other map in their is 1 mb, i originally thought it said kb so i didnt think it was anything, but thank you, that pretty much covered my question, anyone know how to easily make a rock cave in thing, to link to another map
12-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Find
JokeDindon Offline

(12-25-2010, 04:30 AM)BLANK2042 Wrote: thanks for the answer and it being timely, yes okay well im confused because the map does go on at least one more map load but the only other map in their is 1 mb, i originally thought it said kb so i didnt think it was anything, but thank you, that pretty much covered my question, anyone know how to easily make a rock cave in thing, to link to another map

You mean that you want to know how to "connect" maps with those doors (area portals) I've been talking to you?

My custom story: Legacy of the Past it's right here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5886.html
12-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Find
BLANK2042 Offline

and while im at it whats an easy way to copy and paste items in the level editor ive seen it done on vids just dont know how
12-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Find
JokeDindon Offline

(12-25-2010, 04:37 AM)BLANK2042 Wrote: and while im at it whats an easy way to copy and paste items in the level editor ive seen it done on vids just dont know how

For the copy and paste part it's DANGEROUSLY easy just select the desired object then hold down 'ctrl' and then just press 'c' release and then just hold down 'ctrl' again and press 'v' release and move the selected object it's now duplicated! For the area portals it's a bit more complicated... I'll see what I can do.

12-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Find
BLANK2042 Offline

hmm i tried that and it didnt work, cuz ive tried it before to thinking it would
12-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Find
JokeDindon Offline

(12-25-2010, 04:45 AM)BLANK2042 Wrote: hmm i tried that and it didnt work, cuz ive tried it before to thinking it would

Crap I'm stupid I gave you the wrong answer even know I do it all the time It's just 'ctrl' + 'D' then you move the selected object.

12-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Find