Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 (UPDATE 5JAN 2011)
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Unfortunate Event {[(In Beta Stage)]} ! Now Released! Fixed major bug now!

(01-04-2011, 05:02 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Did anyone like my story so far?

sorry bro, but i didnt finished that map, because in updated version bug still exist Big Grin
01-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43
RE: The Unfortunate Event {[(In Beta Stage)]} ! Now Released! Fixed major bug now!

Odd.. fixed for me. So it doesnt finish the chemical ? quite annoying because cant be bothered testing it again to find out that its magically broke again. The scripting is all the same as before, and i tested it and i got it to work.

Maybe its to do with the levels doors? as i just placed all the chemicals in the main hallway so that i didnt have to go through it all again (after i made sure it didnt work obviously), and i had to fix a bit of script up and it worked.

Hold on then i will check it out again.

Edit: Sorry thats my fault i didnt save the map to the right folder, i have a duplicate folder to load each individual maps up with. I clicked on the wrong one and must have copied over the faulty one... hold on i have fixed it and am going to check that it works now.

Yes it works for me. If you play it again and it doesn't work then i dont know whats wrong as it works fine for me. Will upload it again and iwll change it to beta V1.01
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 09:10 PM by LoneWolf.)
01-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(01-04-2011, 08:56 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Odd.. fixed for me. So it doesnt finish the chemical ? quite annoying because cant be bothered testing it again to find out that its magically broke again. The scripting is all the same as before, and i tested it and i got it to work.

Maybe its to do with the levels doors? as i just placed all the chemicals in the main hallway so that i didnt have to go through it all again (after i made sure it didnt work obviously), and i had to fix a bit of script up and it worked.

Edit: Sorry thats my fault i didnt save the map to the right folder, i have a duplicate folder to load each individual maps up with. I clicked on the wrong one and must have copied over the faulty one... hold on i have fixed it and am going to check that it works now.

Yes it works for me. If you play it again and it doesn't work then i dont know whats wrong as it works fine for me. Will upload it again and iwll change it to beta V1.01

Okay.. Now that chemical mixing part is fixed.. But when i reached that last area where you must across two piles but when i died and fall that toxic. Then it starts over but when i died two times.. Then i cant die anymore and i am stuck that toxic and i have to start over..

But anyways it was Very creative, good map! Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
01-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

RE: The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.01 (UPDATE 4JAN 2011)

(01-04-2011, 08:56 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Maybe its to do with the levels doors? as i just placed all the chemicals in the main hallway so that i didnt have to go through it all again (after i made sure it didnt work obviously), and i had to fix a bit of script up and it worked.

heh so would be i damned! Big Grin

just playing again new ver. 1.01, the problem still EXIST for me Rolleyes
seems you solve the glitch with 2 buckets and piano, bur..

btw, now i see 3 bottles added on the table (when i used all 4 bottles founded, there are still 3 bottles in my inventory)
[Image: 4533434.th.jpg]

yes your map is great, but little bugged..Angel
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

Yeah i am aware of the chase scene part. If i continue to make more maps to this story and improve on the previouse maps i will fix this. I need to figure o ut how to repeat the chase scene again otherwise you respawn at the end of the scene.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Oh and yes i forgot to remove the 3 chemicals from the table from when i was testing the map... damn i will re-upload it again.

Also i have been asked to create a story with someone on the forums. I have accepted and am just waiting for their reply. If we do start on making another story then this one will be cancelled probably. But i would probably be best to make another anyway, im better at making short storys rather than long ones.

But i may carry on the story from after the chase scene. I am thinking of making a hallway room and then making a scene where you drink some sort of potion due to the poisons from the monster chasign you. The potion will then cause you to hillucinate and the castle will turn weird and lop-sided. This would be funny and entertaining in my opinion, and very different.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM by LoneWolf.)
01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(01-05-2011, 12:05 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Yeah i am aware of the chase scene part. If i continue to make more maps to this story and improve on the previouse maps i will fix this. I need to figure o ut how to repeat the chase scene again otherwise you respawn at the end of the scene.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Oh and yes i forgot to remove the 3 chemicals from the table from when i was testing the map... damn i will re-upload it again.

Also i have been asked to create a story with someone on the forums. I have accepted and am just waiting for their reply. If we do start on making another story then this one will be cancelled probably. But i would probably be best to make another anyway, im better at making short storys rather than long ones.

But i may carry on the story from after the chase scene. I am thinking of making a hallway room and then making a scene where you drink some sort of potion due to the poisons from the monster chasign you. The potion will then cause you to hillucinate and the castle will turn weird and lop-sided. This would be funny and entertaining in my opinion, and very different.

Yep maybe you should try that Smile

01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

RE: The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 (UPDATE 5JAN 2011)

Oh no that chemical mixing part is still bugged Sad Just place these chemicals right to the table... then its good or hide somewhere that hub level Tongue

01-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38
Sad  RE: The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 (UPDATE 5JAN 2011)

OK I found all 4 different chemicals but when I heated them up......

IT STILL HEATING & HEATING Angry nothing is happening
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM by waqas12346.)
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

(01-06-2011, 11:29 AM)waqas12346 Wrote: OK I found all 4 different chemicals but when I heated them up......

YES very sorry but in The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 that BUG still exist.

awaiting for working chemical part.

HumiliatioN

Quote:Okay.. Now that chemical mixing part is fixed.. But when i reached that last area where you must across two piles but when i died and fall that toxic. Then it starts over but when i died two times.. Then i cant die anymore and i am stuck that toxic and i have to start over..
bro, how did you complete that god damn chemical mixing?
may be some sequence of actions mixes??
how?HuhHuh

============
LoneWolf

btw, can you upload a video walkthrough for you map(until the end)?
this is most ever strange and nice map i ever seen..
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM by Dark Knight.)
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

(01-06-2011, 01:15 PM)Dark Knight Wrote:
(01-06-2011, 11:29 AM)waqas12346 Wrote: OK I found all 4 different chemicals but when I heated them up......

YES very sorry but in The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 that BUG still exist.

awaiting for working chemical part.

HumiliatioN

Quote:Okay.. Now that chemical mixing part is fixed.. But when i reached that last area where you must across two piles but when i died and fall that toxic. Then it starts over but when i died two times.. Then i cant die anymore and i am stuck that toxic and i have to start over..
bro, how did you complete that god damn chemical mixing?
may be some sequence of actions mixes??
how?Huh

============
LoneWolf

btw, can you upload a video walkthrough for you map(until the end)?
this is most ever strange and nice map i ever seen..

I will upload it forsure Big Grin, And I think LoneWolf don't have YouTube account Confused
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Website Find