Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure to start
alchron Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Failure to start

I just purchased Amnesia the dark decent from steam, and the game refuses to startup. I did try the fixes that were listed for the problem, but nothing will allow me to even get the game loaded up. I am running Win 7 64 bit with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 card, and have also ran in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 and Vista SP2 (all check boxes including running as administrator). The graphics card was updated recently, and I do own Prenumbra which runs perfectly fine as well. Is there something else that can be done?
12-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Failure to start

(12-30-2010, 04:17 AM)alchron Wrote: I just purchased Amnesia the dark decent from steam, and the game refuses to startup. I did try the fixes that were listed for the problem, but nothing will allow me to even get the game loaded up. I am running Win 7 64 bit with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 card, and have also ran in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 and Vista SP2 (all check boxes including running as administrator). The graphics card was updated recently, and I do own Prenumbra which runs perfectly fine as well. Is there something else that can be done?

Was there any error message when you try to start the game?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Find
Fringey Offline

Im having the exact problem, I purchased Amnesia like a week ago, I've followed all the steps trying to fix it. I checked "CanYouRunThis" or something like that to whether I have the specs, it came back with all ticks meaning I can. But I'm not being able to play or even boot it up. Starts to load then stops.

Helps Sad

Fringey
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Find
alchron Offline

(12-31-2010, 02:14 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(12-30-2010, 04:17 AM)alchron Wrote: I just purchased Amnesia the dark decent from steam, and the game refuses to startup. I did try the fixes that were listed for the problem, but nothing will allow me to even get the game loaded up. I am running Win 7 64 bit with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 card, and have also ran in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 and Vista SP2 (all check boxes including running as administrator). The graphics card was updated recently, and I do own Prenumbra which runs perfectly fine as well. Is there something else that can be done?

Was there any error message when you try to start the game?

No, there wasn't any error messages, just it would turn the screen black and then it would go back to the desktop. Sorry it took so long to reply back, with holidays and whatnot. Anyways, I did run a verify files through steam to see if anything has been done, but nothing so far. My big question is whether there is an actual support ticket system from the developers to get in contact with, or if there are actually gonna be any support for those that purchased the game through steam.

What I do find odd is that I can play Prenumbra just fine without any compatibility issues, and I just assumed it was running off the same platform.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011, 12:00 AM by alchron.)
01-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Please post hpl.log from my documents/amnesia

01-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Find
alchron Offline

(01-07-2011, 12:11 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Please post hpl.log from my documents/amnesia

Don't have one for Amnesia, but I do have the ones from my Prenumbra games. Is there anything else you could use, like dxdiag or something else?
01-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

is launcher.log present?

What error are you getting?

01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Find
alchron Offline

(01-07-2011, 12:17 AM)xiphirx Wrote: is launcher.log present?

What error are you getting?

The launcher.log file thats in the folder is blank, and there are no error messages that are present. I run the game through steam, its says that it is preparing to start, and then it just stops as though it cannot go any further. Think that might be a cause of it? If so, why would the game come with a blank launcher.log file with the install and why doesn't it correct itself when I verify files?
01-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Find
Fringey Offline

Thats mine, Any helps?

Greatly appreciated Smile
01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Fringey, make your own support topic. This is alchron's.

Thats weird that the launcher doesn't even show up. Do you have administrator privileges? Did you try to run the exe in steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/ ?

01-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Find