Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Demo Spoilers!
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6
Demo Spoilers!

Can you kill the dog? He took me down in one shot and the demo was over. If there is more I want to keep playing.
03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: Demo Spoilers!

The dog will kill you sooner or later but I think Jens perhaps added a lil "present" for those who can get extra far.
03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Find
ShadowXOR Offline

Threads: 6

I can't get past the dog, can anyone who does post what happens?
03-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I deleted some posts with cheating and editing of files, sorry.

It's more damage and dull for people if the easter egg/goodie added to the demo is spoiled by cheats on how to do it. Feel free to discuss the actual event and how to be successful in getting there by playing by the rules Tongue
03-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Website Find
piibii Offline

Threads: 4

It is quite possible to get past the doggie without cheating. Here's how I did it:

[Image: penumbraobstacleli1.th.jpg]

1.) Make an obstacle for the dog from two barrels and two rocks you can find lying around.

2.) Proceed forward until the dog sees you and starts running at you.

3.) Quickly turn around, run back and jump over the obstacle you made earlier.

4.) Turn around and wait until the dog runs into your obstacle.

5.) While the dog is busy trying to push the barrels and rocks aside, you can run past it from the other side of the wooden crates to the tunnel where it came from.

6.) The dog will find you sooner or later, but you still have couple of seconds to look around.
03-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

hehe excellent!

with that sort of creativity we hope that the demo/game will turn out enjoyable Wink
03-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Website Find
piibii Offline

Threads: 4

Thanks Smile I liked the demo very much and I'm defidently going to buy the full thing as soon as the boxed version becomes available here in Finland.
03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

lol, I was expecting my post to get deleted, sorry about thatXD
But I didn't think of that way to getpast it o_O I would have expected the dog to hear you when you ran past it.

But just wondering, has anyone found where the meat is? There's alot of references to it in the games files=/

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Website Find
Evil_Muska Offline

Threads: 2

Thomas Wrote:The dog will kill you sooner or later but I think Jens perhaps added a lil "present" for those who can get extra far.

I FOUND IT, I FOUND THE PRESENT!

Those of you who want to find this out for yourselves do not read any further.
ok, so here's the deal. For one, you DO NOT have to do all that stacking crap to get around the wolf. Here's what you do. Right before you enter the area and trigger the attack, take a couple seconds to observe the room you are about to enter. In front of you is a stack of junk, and there is a slightly open area to the left of it. Point in the direction of the open area and bolt towards it. Ignore the wolf noise, hang a right, and circle around the pile of junk to temporarally lose the wolf, and continue running like a mad-man into the room he just came from. There are passages to your right (the same one thats to your right before the attack, only the other side), left, and one around another stack of junk just in front of you, but all of these are blocked off, and your trapped.
Run around a bit (I'm not sure if this has to do with the "present" activating, but it's what I did) and the wolf will eventually find you and dash in your direction.
Ok, finally we get to the "present": As I was running around, and right before the wolf gets me, I suddenly hear a radio crack on and a voice call out someone's name and say "Can you hear me?", then the wolf pounced and the demo was over.
Not really a super-big suprise, no, but it makes me feel special to have found it. Smile
03-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

err cool you you found it but you realise you posting it up can ruin the challenge for others who haven't done that yet

should there be a spoiler area so only any thing containing hints be filed away to it's own section? and a rule no spoilers in any section unless in designated area?

just me throwing a few cent coins in to the basket Big Grin
03-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Find