Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Install Editing Tools [Solved]
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
Trouble Install Editing Tools [Solved]

So, I think I know what my problem is, but I need help.

I installed Amnesia and "The Tools" on my external drive (Drive D:\), and eventually that drive crapped out and had to buy a new one. A few months roll by and I decide to try modding Amnesia and install it on my local drive (C:\) as well as the tools. Once I try opening the LevelEditor.exe I'm greeted with this:

<SEE ATTACHMENT>

What I believe is happen is the registry is still looking for D:\ which has no core files for HPL2. Anyway I could fix this? And could someone explain how-to if there is a way?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011, 10:22 PM by Russ Money.)
01-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Trouble Install Editing Tools

nope, its finding it on C:\
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\"

I cant find any useful information in that log file since I'm not sure what to look for, however I can suggest that you double check all the tool files and .dll's are installed in the correct directory and all the files are there, try running another tool and see if it loads up too or crashes
01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Trouble Install Editing Tools

Tried running all the tools and came back with the HPL Lang Tool only being able to launch.

I got Amnesia from Steam and installed them in the same folder as mentioned. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent"

No where else, but still nothing but a BlackBox error.

edit: I also noticed that I have no "MainEditorSettings.cfg" In the root folder of the tools, nor is it in "\My Documents\HPL2"
Not too sure why, but apparently my resolution setting was in 16bit color and "The Tools" do not approve of this mistake. Changing it to good ol' 32bit color seemed to have fixed the problem.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011, 10:22 PM by Russ Money.)
01-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Find