Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] misc game not running, crash on startup
Kosh Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

The game will not run at all. A message appears telling me that there is no disk in the drive, even though the game doesn't use a CD! A 'black box' message tells me that the error is in "0023:00000000", whatever that means.
01-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
Nudd Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

I am out of ideas.
I bought Amnesia on januari 2nd with steam. Download and installation went smooth.
Then the game wouldn't run because of some unknow weird error (the same as Mazur0007). After some messing around i figured out i needed to update my driver. so i did.

However it now gives me the Rendered#0 error -even with lowest settings- and tells me to make sure my drivers are up to date.

I have no idea about hardware. The game says it detects a
'Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator' and the driver is updated accourding to intels checking thing on their website.

So... what to do... ?
01-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Intel integrated graphic chips are not capable of running the game. This might change in the future with a driver update from Intel.
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Website Find
sk8rbro70 Offline

i have a brand new laptop and it is says aren't up to date how can i fix this?
01-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: [split] misc game not running, crash on startup

If you have an ATI/NVIDIA graphics card in it:
Make sure drivers are up-to-date.

If you have an ATI/NVIDIA graphics card and an Intel integrated graphics chip:
Make sure that the card is used and not the integrated graphics. This can be done by creating a profile for the game in the ATI/NVIDIA control panel. Or try to disable the integrated graphics or force the use of the graphics card with the control panel.

If you have an Intel integrated graphics chip:
If it is an old chip, then the game will never work. If it is a new chip then the game currently does not work, but it might work later if Intel updates the drivers, improving the OpenGL support.
01-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Website Find