Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load Game/Black Screen
xxbobbyfinxx Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Load Game/Black Screen

So I recently installed a 64 bit operating system, previously having a 32 bit, I transferred the Amnesia files to a different hard drive in the mean time. I wanted to have my old save files so I could pick up from where I left off.

What I did was install the game, so it would appear in my installed programs, then I transferred the old Amnesia files into the new folder, so it would add the save files and whatever else.

When I went to continue my game, the loading screen appears and then goes away, leaving a black screen. Ambiance/Music plays and it's just a black screen. I can hit escape and get the menu too. If I go and load a different save manually, then it's the same situation. If I make a new profile and start a new game, everything is fine.

The problem is I want my old save point because I don't want to play through all that scary stuff again. >.>

[EDIT] I can load any save from 2010, but all my other saves are from 8/1/2011 and those are the black screen ones.

Computer Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor (2.90 Ghz)
4.00 GB GSkill RAM
Radeon HD 5770
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

I can run the game perfectly fine.
Bump because I really need help.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011, 06:36 AM by xxbobbyfinxx.)
01-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Load Game/Black Screen

See if there is any save that can help you: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Find