Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Problem with Off Boat
Jenius Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Problem with Off Boat

I have a new problem, in the demo, when i get off the boat, there was no crash, but all that there was was white, not snowy why, just white, i could faintly see the text on the screen, but when i tryed to pull out the flash light, it made the pulling out the flashlight noise, but there was no visual change. I have already applied the patch that you have created, and it did not fix the problem. I am running Vista Ultimate, and my drivers are all up to date, I use an ATI with 256vid memory, i have 1 gig of memory, and a 2.0 gh x64 processer, i meet the requirements. please help

-Jenius
03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Problem with Off Boat

maybe it is because you are runnng vista, the game has been developed on winxp so no testing was done on vista
what kind of type is your vidcard, and try turning down the gfx and turn off motion blur and the other special effects

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
03-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Not sure, please post a screen.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers from ATIs site and not windows update or such.
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Website Find
Jenius Offline

Threads: 1

Thank you for responding, umm, i did have the latest drivers, im not sure how to get a scrtrleen shot, when i tryed using ctrl print scrn, like i normally do, it took a snap of my desktop. the behavior changed when i did turn my graphics down though, now i looks like i am surrounded by snow, but thats it, i still cannot see my flash light, or anything for that matter, it looks like the tv when the cable's out (my favorite channel by the way)
03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Well then it sounds correct I think Smile It should be a blizzard!
The flashlight should not work either but your glowstick should.

You can take a screen using F8 I think it is, or maybe it's F9 and it will be saved in your installations directory/redist/
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Website Find