Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION...
Hazendeuce Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Another EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION...

Alright, hi there, Frictional.

Just downloaded the Amnesia demo from Steam. Checked the game on System Requirements Lab, and according to them I should be able to run this title above and beyond, however, any time I start up the demo I get an exception_access_violation error.

Reads like this:
Exception Reason: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 0023:00000000

hpl and error logs are attached.

Also, if this helps, which from what I've been reading this is quite possibly the problem. I'm running on a Dell Laptop using a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family video device. I've made sure the drivers are up to date, and to my knowledge this is the only display device i'm using.

Please help if at all possible! I wanna get this working so I can purchase the game!

Thanks, Hazendeuce.
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Another EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION...

(01-11-2011, 10:38 PM)Hazendeuce Wrote: Alright, hi there, Frictional.

Just downloaded the Amnesia demo from Steam. Checked the game on System Requirements Lab, and according to them I should be able to run this title above and beyond, however, any time I start up the demo I get an exception_access_violation error.

Reads like this:
Exception Reason: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 0023:00000000

Also, if this helps, which from what I've been reading this is quite possibly the problem. I'm running on a Dell Laptop using a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family video device. I've made sure the drivers are up to date, and to my knowledge this is the only display device i'm using.

Please help if at all possible! I wanna get this working so I can purchase the game!

Thanks, Hazendeuce.

"Can you run it" from system requirements lab is a shit, the best way to see if you can run a game is to see on the game or developer site.

also, intel graphic cards can't run amnesia, i believe.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011, 11:07 PM by kailip.)
01-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Find
Hazendeuce Offline

(01-11-2011, 11:04 PM)kailip Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 10:38 PM)Hazendeuce Wrote: Alright, hi there, Frictional.

Reads like this:

Thanks, Hazendeuce.

"Can you run it" from system requirements lab is a shit, the best way to see if you can run a game is to see on the game or developer site.

also, intel graphic cards can't run amnesia, i believe.

Well regardless, I still use it.

But that's what I had been seeing about Intel Graphics Cards. I'll wait for a dev/mod to confirm this for me before I totally throw in the sack. Thanks though.

Sorta gonna be bummed if I can't run this game. :/
01-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

system requirements lab has lots of glitches and sometimes wrong requirements. you can use it but before buying a game always check the developer site.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM by kailip.)
01-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You can't run the game on a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.
01-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Website Find
Hazendeuce Offline

(01-12-2011, 06:16 AM)jens Wrote: You can't run the game on a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

Damn. Sad

Any hopes of a patch or re-release fixing this?
01-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

No, by the looks of it is the drivers from Intel that does not have the same quality as nvidia/ati drivers when it comes to supporting OpenGL.

Looking at your log I don't think you have a graphics driver installed, it reports the generic microsoft driver. While you can update the driver from Intel, so far it will only make the game actually start, but it will not display any graphics. Hopefully in future driver updates they can improve this.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 06:49 AM by jens.)
01-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Website Find
MissMatched Offline

Threads: 0

I'm having the same problem, except I have an Nvidia graphics card, and have installed the latest driver.
01-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Check the trouble shooting guide http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
01-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Website Find