Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes when moving from the Nave to the Chancel
gradford Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes when moving from the Nave to the Chancel

When you say "settings," do you mean the graphics settings at the beginning when Amnesia loads up?
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes when moving from the Nave to the Chancel

Yes those, including the advanced options. There are also more ingame, if you go into the options.
01-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Website Find
gradford Offline

Yep, did all that, no change.

Actually, I did get into the Chancel prior to this problem. I ran around the rooms for quite a long session. I only did this once however. When I try to get back in the Chancel, I get the white light.

What's strange is that when I try and load up (or move into) the Chancel, there is a notable blip on the screen - the screen will flicker back and forth, like it's being turned off and turned back on again, and then I get the white light.

I don't know if this helps Huh
01-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Could be that the was some strange glitch so the only fix is to replay from before you entered the chancel the first time. Or that you download a saved game from http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html
01-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Website Find
gradford Offline

Hi Jens:

I went way back and loaded a game from the beginning of the sewers. Did the sewers, found Agrippa in the Nave, ran to the Chancel door and . . . . same thing: I get the text as the program loads the new area, there's a flicker, screen goes white (with music playing normally), I click the mouse and get "Amnesia.exe" not responding.

Are we out of options?
Hey Jens:

I downloaded the saved games from the thread you suggested and the extracted them using the 7-zip software.

Can you tell me exactly what I do with these files (I'm a bit of a programming novice, sorry)
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2011, 11:23 PM by gradford.)
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You take the save file you want and put it in My Documents/Amnesia/Main/PROFILE NAME/saves/ or something similar, can't recall if the last folder is named save, saves, saved games or something else.

Then you can load the saved games using the regular ingame load saved game option.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, I can't recall seeing this problem before, so it is something specific with your install. You have reinstalled the game?
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Website Find