Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crying in Cistern.
pedritti Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Crying in Cistern.

(01-15-2011, 12:52 PM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:My friend is playing Amnesia for the first time and he asked me what the crying was. I do not know either. So, does anyone have an idea who is crying in the Cistern?

It's just me or the crying voice is a bit girlish? I even can say it's a young girl.

Yes i think the same too
02-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Find
Taonuviel Offline

Threads: 0

(01-14-2011, 10:28 PM)kailip Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 06:16 PM)Splint Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 06:05 PM)Xss Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Sadly, I had a little gameplay bug in the cistern: I was pretty sure something was going to happen, like the water monster: I even saw it splashing in the water, near the first valve. And yet, the script did not work: no water monster spawned in the area, and once I activated all the valves the shadow did not appear either: I realized it watching a video on youtube. The absence of monsters coupled to the fact that I was having a really really really hard time with the puzzles in that area of the game made me think I had to find an object to use on the chamber in the cistern, maybe to unlock something...And then run, because whatever was inside of the cistern crying was going to break free and chase me! Big Grin I was so certain that a monster was going to come out of that chamber that I thought that I'll have to kill him with the steam coming from the pipes, by running and activating the "steam valve"! Gosh, that would have been quite tense!
Spoiler below!
I think the water monster only gets triggered if you've already completed the morgue level.

Yes, that's true.

Spoiler below!
No, Tobuscus didn't play the morgue first and almost got killed by the water monster in there.
I think the splash by the valve near the... "killing chamber" must've been something falling into the water, because the kaernk doesn't seem to actually be there until all the valves are turned - I think either the shadow let it in or it came in with the change in the water by the valves.

I really want to save the voice! Sad
04-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Spoiler below!
Quote:This one's a bit of Fridge Horror, as you're not likely to notice it unless you're the type that double-checks everything: in the Cistern, there's a container. When you first go near it, you can hear incomprehensible muttering from inside. When you turn the valves elsewhere in the room, water begins to pour in - and the muttering turns into anguished howling. Once all the valves are open, the voice goes silent. So apparently, by opening those valves you unintentionally drowned someone.

From tvtropes

I believe it is in reference to the crying

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Hi...arkDescent

Spoiler below!
Quote:I really want to save the voice!

That's really to bad, because it's impossible
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011, 12:15 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
04-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Website Find
Dragslo Offline

I must admit I NEVER saw or heard ANY monster in the Cistern as I was there, I walked in the water for a long time to ''lure'' it out, but nothing came, like there never were anything there....but now I'm playing it again and just reached the Cistern, so I hope it finds me now Tongue

If someone annoys you, you either know nothing about them or everything
04-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Website Find
Sergiy Offline

Threads: 1

I Think this may be a possible refrence to

Penumbra spoiler
Spoiler below!
Red
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Find
csm Offline

The cistern is a big room, he possibly patrols after all of the valves are open, and if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, he would chase you.
05-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Find