Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't find the 3rd pipe
rasalghul Offline

Threads: 1
can't find the 3rd pipe

in control room ,i can't find the 3rd pipe ,so i can't finish the pipe puzzle and lower the eastern bridge.maybe i threw it somewhere and i can't find it.maybe it become glitchy.i can't reset the item position .is there a way for me to get that last pipe ?maybe by using cheat or using console command?(i don't wanna start from the beginning?
07-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: can't find the 3rd pipe

Just go to Load Game and choose the 2nd autosave from the top. That should fix it! Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Find
rasalghul Offline

(07-13-2014, 11:52 AM)Romulator Wrote: Just go to Load Game and choose the 2nd autosave from the top. That should fix it! Smile

the pipe is missing in all my save progress.i think i can get if i load game from more older save progress,but how ?is there a way for me to reach the older save progress?

(07-13-2014, 05:37 PM)rasalghul Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 11:52 AM)Romulator Wrote: Just go to Load Game and choose the 2nd autosave from the top. That should fix it! Smile

the pipe is missing in all my save progress.i think i can get if i load game from more older save progress,but how ?is there a way for me to reach the older save progress?

sorry for my bad grammar
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014, 05:37 PM by rasalghul.)
07-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

The same way.

Go on "Load" in the main menu, then take a look at some of the more recent autosaves. There's a time stamp for when it was created, perhaps that can help you find one from just before you started meddling with the control room? The autosaves should also list which level you were in at the time.

07-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Find
rasalghul Offline

(07-13-2014, 08:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The same way.

Go on "Load" in the main menu, then take a look at some of the more recent autosaves. There's a time stamp for when it was created, perhaps that can help you find one from just before you started meddling with the control room? The autosaves should also list which level you were in at the time.

is it right that we can only get about 10-15 recent autosave(i don't know the exact number)?.And all my recent autosave is where i'm already missing the 3rd pipe.and i need to reach the older save

can i get my autosave from beginning of the game?

sorry for my bad grammar
07-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Hm, yes I think there is a limit to the autosaves. I'm unsure if you can get that from the start, but it might be possible.

07-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Find
rasalghul Offline

(07-14-2014, 08:35 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Hm, yes I think there is a limit to the autosaves. I'm unsure if you can get that from the start, but it might be possible.

maybe if i edit the save document,but i don't know where ?
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I'm not sure but I don't think editing the save files will fix this issue. Are you sure that all your available saves are from the point where you were already missing the third pipe?

Anyway, the save files can be found here:

Windows Vista, 7 & 8: "My Documents\Amnesia\Main\"
Linux: ".frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/"
Mac: "Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main/"

I was going to suggest giving you a save file from the start of the Control Room, but I've just realised that on my main profile I only have saves starting on the Nave area (which comes later in the game); on my secondary profile I do have a save file from the beginning of the Control Room, but the problem is that I was speedrunning so I didn't pick up any items at all: at that point in the game I've got zero notes, tinderboxes and laudanum flasks, and I only have a few drops of oil in the lantern. If this is not a problem for you, I can attach the save file here.
Or maybe someone else can provide you a save file with all the notes and some tinderboxes/laudanum/oil, if that's important to you.

I had a backup folder with a lot of save files from previous playthroughs, but I deleted it a couple of weeks ago to free hard drive space. Bad timing Sad

07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Find
rasalghul Offline

(07-14-2014, 08:44 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I'm not sure but I don't think editing the save files will fix this issue. Are you sure that all your available saves are from the point where you were already missing the third pipe?

Anyway, the save files can be found here:

Windows Vista, 7 & 8: "My Documents\Amnesia\Main\"
Linux: ".frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/"
Mac: "Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main/"

I was going to suggest giving you a save file from the start of the Control Room, but I've just realised that on my main profile I only have saves starting on the Nave area (which comes later in the game); on my secondary profile I do have a save file from the beginning of the Control Room, but the problem is that I was speedrunning so I didn't pick up any items at all: at that point in the game I've got zero notes, tinderboxes and laudanum flasks, and I only have a few drops of oil in the lantern. If this is not a problem for you, I can attach the save file here.
Or maybe someone else can provide you a save file with all the notes and some tinderboxes/laudanum/oil, if that's important to you.

I had a backup folder with a lot of save files from previous playthroughs, but I deleted it a couple of weeks ago to free hard drive space. Bad timing Sad

i'll wait for someone else to give me more better save file than yours.if there's no one can give me,i'll ask for your save file
thanksSmile
07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Rasalghul, are you playing the game on Steam? If so, you might want to try running a game cache integrity check; some files might be corrupted or missing.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (your save files won't be lost).

If the problem persists, then it must be a save bug indeed.

07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Find