Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What did you think about the Demo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Great/Scary
11.76%
2 11.76%
It was okay..
47.06%
8 47.06%
Haven't tried yet.
41.18%
7 41.18%
Sucks
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Home, Sweet home. (Demo out now!) FEEDBACK NEEDED
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10
Information  Home, Sweet home. (Demo out now!) FEEDBACK NEEDED

Moved to another thread..
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2011, 07:40 AM by CrushedRaiD.)
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Find
machosalad Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Home, Sweet home. (Demo out now!)

Downloading right now...

6.4 Mb in file size, im expecting a big custom story :O
The story was very good to be your first ever custom story! But you can work a little more on the details; a note on the ground are sometimes easy to miss, you can see through the edges of some walls, missing billboards in the room where the ceiling was broken, and too many tinderboxes.
And adding 2 or more fake monsters after each other makes the player less scared of the monsters thinking they are fake. Like when the brute came, i knew it was fake and ran into it.

The gameplay on the other hand was simple. Maybe too simple. It would be more interesting and entertaining to play if the map included more and different puzzles instead of finding a key to the next door. Or if you want your story to be more of a scary kind, add more monster action! That is, real monster encounters with hiding places, chases and alot of scary sound to bring up the tension.

It would be fun to play it when it's done!
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM by machosalad.)
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(01-15-2011, 09:27 PM)CrushedRaiD Wrote: My first custom story, tell me what you think Big Grin

Demo link: http://rapidshare.com/files/442752367/Ho...t_home.rar

HEY nice map, man!

is this the end of map or not?

[Image: endgj.th.jpg]
01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

(01-15-2011, 10:26 PM)machosalad Wrote: Downloading right now...

6.4 Mb in file size, im expecting a big custom story :O
The story was very good to be your first ever custom story! But you can work a little more on the details; a note on the ground are sometimes easy to miss, you can see through the edges of some walls, missing billboards in the room where the ceiling was broken, and too many tinderboxes.
And adding 2 or more fake monsters after each other makes the player less scared of the monsters thinking they are fake. Like when the brute came, i knew it was fake and ran into it.

The gameplay on the other hand was simple. Maybe too simple. It would be more interesting and entertaining to play if the map included more and different puzzles instead of finding a key to the next door. Or if you want your story to be more of a scary kind, add more monster action! That is, real monster encounters with hiding places, chases and alot of scary sound to bring up the tension.

It would be fun to play it when it's done!
Thx for the comment =) Yea, details are bit.. Well, crappy atm Big Grin I will be fixing lot of bugs etc. when i have the time Big Grin When the story is complete some of the monster encounters will be edited Smile
(01-15-2011, 11:27 PM)Dark Knight Wrote:
(01-15-2011, 09:27 PM)CrushedRaiD Wrote: My first custom story, tell me what you think Big Grin

Demo link: http://rapidshare.com/files/442752367/Ho...t_home.rar

HEY nice map, man!

is this the end of map or not?

[Image: endgj.th.jpg]
The end of the map is after the basement where u find one of they keys Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 11:31 PM by CrushedRaiD.)
01-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
K1lLZONE Offline

Threads: 0

download limit reached Sad
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

(01-16-2011, 11:40 AM)K1lLZONE Wrote: download limit reached Sad

Oh ill uptade it Big Grin
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

I haven't played it yet, but you don't need to include your map cache files. ^^
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Good and bad news ppl Blush

Bad news first, the progress of this Custom story will be slower than before, becouse of school -,- I usually only have time to continue making this on weekends..

Good news, the Story is almost halfway done atm. Fixing few glitches and bugs on the maps and adding some decoration Tongue On this weekend i should be getting it done pretty much near the end Cool Remember to answer to the poll Tongue
01-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
Numerius Offline

Threads: 1

Yay! Nice map!
Let me ask, are all the monsters fake? 'Cause I cannot go further the wormhole - I am unable to go through such horrors again after finishing the original game. Smile I have only one advice - may be make the first location a little smaller and/or change textures - it is too grey and too repetitive. Besides that - it's great.

One more question - what kind of baron (or whoever the main hero here is) keeps such statues in his house? (I'm speaking of two right after the stairs) Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011, 02:16 AM by Numerius.)
01-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Website Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

(01-28-2011, 01:53 AM)Numerius Wrote: Yay! Nice map!
Let me ask, are all the monsters fake? 'Cause I cannot go further the wormhole - I am unable to go through such horrors again after finishing the original game. Smile I have only one advice - may be make the first location a little smaller and/or change textures - it is too grey and too repetitive. Besides that - it's great.

One more question - what kind of baron (or whoever the main hero here is) keeps such statues in his house? (I'm speaking of two right after the stairs) Big Grin
Hehe thx for the comment Smile Lot of stuff have been changed after the demo and about the statues.. I dont know Cool
01-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Find