Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics errors - first scene
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphics errors - first scene

then its vista that is the problem (or at least the vista vidcard drivers)

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Find
slash213 Offline

Threads: 0

Well, I can't say who's guilty, but this bug should be fixed. Smile
I spent half an hour trying to find a way to report this problem on ati.amd.com
Found nothing.
It's useless to ask for help our local publisher either...
04-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Find
Blazter Offline

Im also having this graphics errors. Its not only in the first level. What is strange is that the graphics are absolutely perfect when you are reading about things in the game. Like a paper.
The missing items is fixed by turning off the Noise Filter. Then the Motion Blur will go crazy so if you turn off the Noise Filter, then turn Motion Blur off too. With these two things off and everything else on max the game runs with only some errors like flashing textures sometimes. But sometimes even then the graphics can get a little crazy but it stops again, if you are lucky. If I press Esc the game in the main menu mostly of the times freezes.

A permanent fix seems to turn the Shaders to very low but then the games darkness goes away so that is not a option for me. Im running Windows Vista 64bit with a Radeon x1950 Pro.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM by undying.)
04-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Blazter:
ATI recently released new Vista drivers. You sure you have these?
04-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Find
Blazter Offline

Yes, I have the 7.3 version installed Smile

Edit: I have given up, Shaders on very low, here I come Tongue
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2007, 04:52 PM by undying.)
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Find
Blazter Offline

Shaders on very low didnt fix all the problems which I thought Sad
I have now uninstalled the game and are waiting till it works properly under Windows Vista.
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Find
cyclohexane Offline

I've got the same problem as the op. I'm using vista with
a X1950XT, and the latest catalyst drivers.
04-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Find
GexX2 Offline

Threads: 2

I don't think its just vista. I'm having a similar issue on Nvidia hardware (Geforce 7800GT). On WinXP SP2. Except the whole wall doesn't disappear. this is just a mock up of the issue, and it goes away and comes back depending on where you are. And it doesn't affect other things in the room. Just that wall. And it doesn't display ON the wall.. its kinda on your screen. Just like on the picture. It doesn't follow the walls angle. its straight. And it happens ONLY on that side of the room. All three peices of wall on that side of th room are affected. I can't reproduce it all the time either. Thats why I couldn't get a screenie. Sometimes its bad like in the pic, or it will only show up once every 3 mins or so. Hope this helps. Hopefully you guys can get it fixed :3 It doesn't seem to affect any other part of the game so far, which is good since the game is fantastic Tongue. Heres my full specs. As a final note, so you get what I'm talking about better, its kinda like what happens when a popup comes up when you're playing a game. It kinda flickers back and forth.

[Image: gfxissuesy2.png]

EDIT - Heres one taken ingame, and not made in paint.
my printscreen button may be worse for wear, but at least I got it.

[Image: gfxissue.jpg]

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
nVidia GeForce 7800GT
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
250gb Seagate IDE drive
WinXP SP2
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2007, 02:42 AM by Miles Prower.)
04-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Find
STALKER
Unregistered

ok .. greetings first, Hello. my name is Jeff and am new to this place to talk about certin things

First of all, i too have the same problem as all the above
Running:
Vista ultimate
ATI X1900XTX
4GB Ram
updated

i would really like to know mainly " WHY" wasnt the game made in Vista at the start? dont get me wrong i do not kno wthe reson of the issue, am assuming its vista !

i dont know how many episodes this game is going to have but by the time it gets to the second, Crysis is coming out. you know what that means ? means 80% of the hardcore gamers will install vista. wich is the only reason why most players didnt yet. so eventualy this game will have to be vista compatible or its pointless ( Again, am only assuming )

second of all, who are the creators of this game and how many people wer involved ?  and is this their first game ?  if so, was there any beta testing? or was this game a little group creation ? since ive never saw frictional games befor heh

anyways never the less i do not want to give up and i want to play this game since you made us salivate with screens and trailers a while ago.... theres got to be a fix for this

about 1h ago i have installed the 1.1 patch and still the Texture glitch and crash on escape

now am getting a little stressed becoz it seems like its going to be like one of thoses games you have to patch and repatch and repatch and repatch heh

But in the other hand, the fact that ATI does NOT suport its own openGL simply becoz it dosnt have any!. unlike Nvidia , ATI uses Microsoft OpenGL Source. reason for most OpenGL crap looking results.
so it might take a while befor we know what the problem really is. Could be Vista, could be ATI could be both

i believe the makers of this game are not to be blamed since our beloved Mr. Gates removed the tools from thems in order to make things more expensive huh emm Oh!  I MEAN...  "easyer"

this reply was in no way offensive. but i prefer asking the true questions

waiting for responce and if you need any info front me about my pc whats so ever, plz ask
Best regards
Jeff
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
mike Offline

Threads: 1

I'm also getting Graphical Errors there of the same type.

There are also errors later on in the game

Running Vista Ultimate 32 bit, 1gb RAM, x1600 Pro and an Athlon 64 3400+

Spoiler below!

When you have entered the base, a little way in, you lift the rocks out of the box and move the box to enter a trapdoor.

Further down these passages there is a room with a fence and a padlocked gate, containing lighter fluid and batteries in a chest.

The fence and gate are invisible, in the same way that map is.
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Find