Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Funny Dead Space 2 Add
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Funny Dead Space 2 Add

(03-17-2011, 01:36 AM)Gameoids Wrote:
(03-16-2011, 11:02 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Trespasser is a unique FPS that no other game has a style like it.

Oh, the nostalgia! That was the 'Crysis' of games back then. For it's time, it was certainly unique, but things have changed considerably... although there are some elements (the 'spaghetti arm') that I haven't seen other games use before, but unique elements alone don't make a game, you know...

Trespasser had more than that, and it was nothing like Crysis which gave us nothing more than fancy graphics with an unoptimized graphic engine. Trespasser had the arm, no HUD, health by heart on boobs, one of the first engines with good outdoor, first in using ragdoll physics, etc...

Also, same shit over and over makes a best selling game of all the time: http://www.1up.com/news/black-ops-best-s...e-all-time

03-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Website Find
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7

Quote:Lee

Are you awake? because none of those games you listed are shooters. And none of those were released in yearly series.

Anyway, Dead Space had this horrible mouse acceleration problem on the PC that some people didn't mind but it made me almost nauseous. Dead Space 2 fixes this and I quite like the game.
u must not be awake>

lets see

system shock 2
[Image: system-shock-2.jpg]

looks like a FPS to me... oh wait it is... I would know I played it and beat it..(and lost a wireless Mouse as well.. man never jumped in a game soo hard as I did in SS2

Mirros edge
[Image: mirrors-edge-20080820034659066.jpg]

ah hell! what was I think Mirros edge is not a First Person Shooter..
For the blind. No she not hold a gun in her hand /s

ps I beat this game too

amnisa *ok u got me on this one .. no gun in had but it deffently is first person view.. in my books that takes the normal FPS and adds a twist..

Ps. beat it as well
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 11:17 AM by MadDoggyca.)
03-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

SS2 is a first person survival horror RPG. Although there is some shooting, there is much more gameplay of different varieties that has very little to do with shooting.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

@MadDoggyca
Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas are FPSs too then... And now I fully believe you are not awake, not even close to it.

Oh yeah, ES IV: Oblivion is a FPS too.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 02:04 PM by Tanshaydar.)
03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Website Find
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7

(03-17-2011, 11:19 AM)Lee Wrote: SS2 is a first person survival horror RPG. Although there is some shooting, there is much more gameplay of different varieties that has very little to do with shooting.

Wiki

System Shock, gameplay consists of first person shooting and exploration

Like its predecessor, gameplay in System Shock 2 is an amalgamation of the role-playing game (RPG) and first person shooter (FPS) genres.

[Image: 963453741-00.jpg]

none the less its STILL FALLS UNDER THE FPS GENRE

And it had a LOT to do with Wepson Via Projectile And "Magaic" (lose Term)

fall out 3 is not really a FPS . Unlike SystemShock FallOut Dose not Require you to Aim. its lets u Pick a Part of the object and hope it its.. thats jsut stright up RPG style in First Person.

Systemshot you acutally have to aim Just like in another other FPS expect they put Hit Points on "Objects"
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 06:31 PM by MadDoggyca.)
03-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You're arguing that all first-person perspective games are defined as first-person shooters, but you link the back of the box which doesn't contain the word shooter. That box supports Lee's argument that SS2 is primarily an RPG more than yours. In fact, the only thing the box definitely calls the game is a "sci-fi horror role playing game." Are you going to trust your own word over...the game itself?

(03-17-2011, 06:26 PM)MadDoggyca Wrote: jsut stright up RPG style in First Person.

Exactly. (PS You seem to type like it's a race?)
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM by hollowleviathan.)
03-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
Gameoids Offline

Threads: 1

(03-17-2011, 02:58 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(03-17-2011, 01:36 AM)Gameoids Wrote:
(03-16-2011, 11:02 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Trespasser is a unique FPS that no other game has a style like it.

Oh, the nostalgia! That was the 'Crysis' of games back then. For it's time, it was certainly unique, but things have changed considerably... although there are some elements (the 'spaghetti arm') that I haven't seen other games use before, but unique elements alone don't make a game, you know...

Trespasser had more than that, and it was nothing like Crysis which gave us nothing more than fancy graphics with an unoptimized graphic engine. Trespasser had the arm, no HUD, health by heart on boobs, one of the first engines with good outdoor, first in using ragdoll physics, etc...

Also, same shit over and over makes a best selling game of all the time: http://www.1up.com/news/black-ops-best-s...e-all-time

When I said 'the 'Crysis' of games, I meant it was a (very) 'rough' equivalent of Trespasser, mostly graphics-wise. Other than that, I totally agree with you 9001%. (Black Socks... Angry)
To be honest, I'm not sure if we'll see a decent shooter for a long, long time, if not possibly ever again. Bring tears to my eyes.

About this completely useless argument over genre naming, I'm sorry for even bringing it up in the first place.
I'll have to be more careful in the future...
(Just because a game has guns, doesn't make it a fps.)
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Find