Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Could not load main config file?
gothick666 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Could not load main config file?

(03-31-2011, 01:21 PM)Urkle Wrote: gothick666, are you using a steam or non-steam release of the game?

If a non-steam can you try launching the came from the Terminal application??

cd /Applications/Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/
../MacOS/Launcher

If that works, then the fix that I have *pending* will resolve the issue.

@ Urkle : i AM using a steam release of the game, but still decided to try this:
"cd /Applications/Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/
../MacOS/Launcher"
do i just copy n paste this into Terminal? if so, it didnt work, it said "no such file or directory" [EDIT] in Terminal i selected "New Command..." and C'n'P'd the code there and Terminal came up with "[process completed]" but again.. i still get the Config error when i try to run the game

@ Jens , i just used disk utility and repaired the permissions and that completed but i just tried to run Amnesia again and it still comes up with the same loading config error?

THANKYOU for the help, it is MUCH appreciated, would a re-install help? and if i do that will i lose my progress??
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2011, 01:07 AM by gothick666.)
04-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

A reinstall may help.. and no, you will not lose your progress.

And the terminal commands I mentioned above would only work for a non-steam release of the game (due to how steam launches the game). This issue itself I was only able to recently recreate and have a fix pending. Last I checked it's due to be released for Steam tomorrow so please report back here if it actually fixes the issue so that I can work on releasing the patch for non-steam soon.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
04-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Website Find
gothick666 Offline

(04-01-2011, 01:01 AM)Urkle Wrote: A reinstall may help.. and no, you will not lose your progress.

And the terminal commands I mentioned above would only work for a non-steam release of the game (due to how steam launches the game). This issue itself I was only able to recently recreate and have a fix pending. Last I checked it's due to be released for Steam tomorrow so please report back here if it actually fixes the issue so that I can work on releasing the patch for non-steam soon.

alright, ill download that ASAP tommorrow, and ill let ya know how it goes(cannot describe how much i hope this works lol), thanks!!
04-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
gothick666 Offline

(04-01-2011, 01:01 AM)Urkle Wrote: Last I checked it's due to be released for Steam tomorrow so please report back here if it actually fixes the issue so that I can work on releasing the patch for non-steam soon.
i just downloaded the update today (312.5 MB) through steam and tried to launch Amnesia but it still came up with the error:
"could not load main config file: config/default_main_settings.cfg"
so i shut down steam an re-opened it but it still has the error, i dont have time to do a re-install today but i will try that tommorrow(aswell as re-installing steam) to see if that helps, also on the steam page it says that i last played the game today and 104 mins of it too. but that was 3 days agoHuh oh well, hope there a way to fix this
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2011, 04:54 AM by gothick666.)
04-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Could you try something for me.. Right click on Amnesia in steam and pick "Launch Settings" from the menu.

In the text input add in the following..
-psn BLAH

And then try launching the game.

04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Actually when it came up with the "Error loading configuration file!" Can you copy/paste the ENTIRE message here? Apparently I forgot I added in some extra "Debug info" in there.

04-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Website Find
gothick666 Offline

(04-02-2011, 02:49 PM)Urkle Wrote: Actually when it came up with the "Error loading configuration file!" Can you copy/paste the ENTIRE message here? Apparently I forgot I added in some extra "Debug info" in there.

i copied n pasted the launch settings thing like you said but it came up with the same error on trying to launch, this is exactly what is says:
"Error loading configuration file!

Could not load main config file: config/
default_main_settings.cfg"

oh yes and i tried to do a re-install of amnesia through steam today but i couldnt find the option to anywhere...Huh
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM by gothick666.)
04-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Find
gothick666 Offline

hey i just re-installed Amnesia on my mac and it still as the EXACT same error as detailed in the post above, what the hell do i do? i legitimately purchased this game and literally on the FINAL chapter of the game i get this game destroying error...
i appreciate the help that Urkle has displayed but seriously.. this should not happen in the first place.. now i cannot play this game and it was one of the best games i have ever played ...until this happened... i hope someone can fix this sooner than later..

PLEASE!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS!!! i will even give some kind of metaphysical reward for the person who fixes this problem (no joke)
04-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

go to ~/Library/Application Support/ and rename Frictional Games folder to something else, then try to start the game. Does it launch?
04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Website Find
gothick666 Offline

(04-06-2011, 09:46 AM)jens Wrote: go to ~/Library/Application Support/ and rename Frictional Games folder to something else, then try to start the game. Does it launch?

WOW, amazing! it now works!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin THANKYOU!!!

was the issue the name of the folder? thats a weird problem, and even weirder that simply that fixed it but my thanks again, now hopefully it doesnt happen again..

i would have probably given up on this game all together if it wasnt the GREAT game that it is, i hope you guys keep churning out fantastic games like this and penumbra, and now i can continue with the dreadful(ly awesome) experience that is this game
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM by gothick666.)
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Find