Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DEMO] try out and comment :)
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6
[DEMO] try out and comment :)

So, my first custom story map seems to be going somewhere and its time for you to say what you think.

In the final version it will probably be less enemy encounters...

Feel free to use the map as you want Smile. Enjoy...

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/2638743...t_test.rar
01-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Find
Seragath Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [DEMO] try out and comment :)

I liked it a lot. I think you should do as there was only one monster (But you already stated you probably will). Smile And maybe change that at the start. If you think it's the start of your map, you would want them to get them into the atmosphere with a creepy song, and little scary things happening around them. Other than that. I loved it. Smile
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Find
KonKaizo Offline

Threads: 1

At first, really nice idea, and you played it out right. But i have some notations:

The very first room is a bit strange scripted. I don't know exactly what, but i think you should not force the player to look at the corpse.

Your placement of tinderboxes is strange, too. Maybe you could place them there were you would normally find one. They are not behind cupboards or in front of fallen rocks.

The was also too much walk in my opinion, but i think that does not matter (:

The part with the monster is too obvious i think. When it appeared, i was like WOAHHHHHHHHHHH but seconds after that i knew that it has to be a hallucination. I think it would be much more scary when you could move away from the monster.
Also, i think the part came a bit too early in the storyline. If you shock the player like this so early, it will get very hard to keep the story interinging and scary.

But, all in all, its a great custom story. I like the overall storyline, and the atmosphere is right too. There were some really shocking moments. You just have to work a little bit on your scripts and on the storyline.
The Scenery is really great. Enough entities, enough Decals. I only find the fog room is a bit too bright.

If i should give points it would be like 8/10. :D
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM by KonKaizo.)
01-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

Thanks alot for the feedback Smile. I dont want to talk too much about the development, other then KonKaizo and Seragath, thx alot...
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Find