Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I continue making this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
72.97%
54 72.97%
I'll think about it.
12.16%
9 12.16%
No.
14.86%
11 14.86%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.09 Average
Fractured Life Series (Just Died!)
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Fractured Life

Development has been paused. Compatibility errors caused by an unknown thing in script files.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011, 08:46 PM by Robby.)
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Website Find
Numerius Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Fractured Life (Development paused)

Yeah, although I still didn't figure out how to unlock the first door (I think this is why we have a jar there, right?) I got further in the demo, and although it is not as scary as intreating (I would suggest more story development), I enjoyed it until the game just crashed after the bedroom map.
Did you make it so the metal chair that you see when you enter the bedroom drops when you exit? Because I dropped it to the bottom of the level, and then when I exited the bedroom, it fell again from the top and scared the main character and he lost a point of sanity Smile

Uh, too bad that the development is paused. I was waiting to play it soon =]
01-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(01-28-2011, 01:52 AM)Numerius Wrote: Uh, too bad that the development is paused. I was waiting to play it soon =]

The game cannot process the script files. Once I collide with a script area on any of the maps, the game crashes, saying that the script file (no matter which map I load, I get the same error) is not compatible with the game.

I'm working on a small fix to discover what went wrong. I cannot tell when the development will get back on track.
(01-28-2011, 01:52 AM)Numerius Wrote: (I think this is why we have a jar there, right?)

Exactly. The jar is used on the door (Intelligence tester).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM by Robby.)
01-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

People. Good news. I've managed to fix 90% of the problem that prevents the game from cooperating with the story. Development will be back on track soon.

01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I managed to fix the compatibility problem for good. Development is back on track!

01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Fractured Life (Development resuming)

Some pics will be uploaded soon.

EDIT: One pic has been uploaded in first post.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2011, 06:01 PM by Robby.)
01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

People. Second demo of my story will be uploaded soon. Playtesting is taking place.
The second demo contains 4 new maps that continues right after the first demo ends. I decided to ease people, and I included some funny stuff, and these maps introduce something new.

The second demo will be uploaded on MediaFire sometime today.

EDIT: A screenshot has been uploaded.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2011, 02:32 PM by Robby.)
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

After playtesting, I can say that the second demo is released. I have uploaded it onto mediafire and separated the links for both demos in first post.

Comment about it if you wish.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2011, 04:14 PM by Robby.)
01-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Website Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(01-31-2011, 04:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: After playtesting, I can say that the second demo is released. I have uploaded it onto mediafire and separated the links for both demos in first post.

Well,that's a nice custom story.
A few things you need to improve it's the scare events,they just don't scary and repeating themselves too much tims. (except this super fast monsters,they really terrifyed me at first,but they look very buggy)

also you need to improve the maps,some places are buggy,some objects not in good place and i hate that you fall out of the map sometimes Sad

oh,and you should've put some scary music, a big deal of all the scares in the game the music.

ok..,and that's all i think.
sorry for my bad english (i don't speak english Tongue)

and good luck next time,the idea of the custom story is great,only the performance should be better Smile
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(01-31-2011, 07:49 PM)Need4Power Wrote:
(01-31-2011, 04:14 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: After playtesting, I can say that the second demo is released. I have uploaded it onto mediafire and separated the links for both demos in first post.

Well,that's a nice custom story.
A few things you need to improve it's the scare events,they just don't scary and repeating themselves too much tims. (except this super fast monsters,they really terrifyed me at first,but they look very buggy)

also you need to improve the maps,some places are buggy,some objects not in good place and i hate that you fall out of the map sometimes Sad

oh,and you should've put some scary music, a big deal of all the scares in the game the music.

ok..,and that's all i think.
sorry for my bad english (i don't speak english Tongue)

and good luck next time,the idea of the custom story is great,only the performance should be better Smile

This is my second time at the Level Editor. I'm not a super person who can make everything under a minute. Sometimes, things don't work too right, sometimes they do.

Those super fast monsters, I created them. Took me some time. They go through walls, and that is what I intended to do with them.

Also, the scares are pretty repeating sometimes, because you go from one nightmare to another.

And don't be too serious. It's my second time, and there have been some "No" votes on my poll, if you noticed. But the "Yes" votes are like 17 atm. And they will grow.

Scary music - Music absence isn't bothering me much. I made some intense music, but I'll put some of those into the newer maps. Maybe I'll put them into some of the maps already available to public, but the amount of music that I have is 3 atm.

Also, did you like the Bee Gees song? Just asking.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM by Robby.)
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Website Find