Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel Integrated Graphics - How to Pester Intel
Kedz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Intel Integrated Graphics - How to Pester Intel

(01-24-2011, 05:07 AM)Sel Wrote:
(01-24-2011, 01:54 AM)Taikutsu Wrote: That is horribly incorrect, have you seen the latest series of Intel HD Graphics?
They are capable of running most games minus the few extreme high end games.

Then this thread should be referring to the higher end ones that have been recently released and are "capable" of running Amnesia, and not the whole intel integrated chipset family.

Besides after skimming the wikipedia article this morning, there's maybe 3 in this series that have the "potential" to run amnesia with reasonable performance (on near lowest possible settings), and these are all only when paired with relatively high end chipsets and cpus (who buys an i7 processor and then sticks with integrated graphics, honestly?)

I stand by what I said, you should not be gaming on these, and even if these did run Amnesia, chances are you'd be ruining the experience for yourself.

(01-24-2011, 01:54 AM)Taikutsu Wrote: In the worst case scenario it will run a game, but it will be too poor performance to play, but this only happens with high end games on the highest settings.

That's funny, since I have a fair bit of experience with integrated graphics, recent, and otherwise, and I can vouch for all of them having lots of trouble running 3d games, on lowest settings, dating back about 6 or 7 years to the present.

For example, my tablet running an hd3200 runs amnesia, at about 10-20~ fps, on all low, and sometimes the game flips upside down! Your intel cards that exceed the performance of the hd3200 only do so with high end cpus/chipsets.

Fact is, if you get this to work, the performance will be poor, and only a few of the intel gmas will be capable of running the game in the first place.

You're talking to people have the chipsets currently, mine runs fairly high end games from a few years ago(stalker,oblivion,dark messiah and even stalker call of pripyat) and thats not even on the lowest settings, sometimes even mid to high.
07-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Intel Integrated Graphics - How to Pester Intel

guys don't bump old topics
07-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Find