Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I play this exactly? Sanity/Light and Darkness - please explain
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
RE: How do I play this exactly? Sanity/Light and Darkness - please explain

(01-27-2011, 02:28 AM)Tintin Wrote: I just put my gamma level up to 0.8. It's a lot easier to see, while still appearing to be rather dark and creepy. Thanks for your help.

you're welcome ^^
01-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

Weird. I'm now in the Guest Room and I have plenty of Oil and Tinderboxes to spare. I wonder why more become available later on in the game? (I have to say that water monster in the Archives was rather creepy and dangerous!)
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

it's not more becoming available, it's just that you use less and are better at searching,
01-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

Yea like we said, later you start getting lots and lots of equipment, so it's best to use the tinderboxes in dark places where you need to find something :3 But remember to use the 1-2 per room Smile i did that and it went well Big Grin
01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Threads: 1

Basically, the game is meant to put you under pressure (I think).
Being in the darkness drains your sanity, with low sanity it makes the screen blur and Daniel is harder to control via the controls.
Staying in the light (tinderboxes or lantern) will help, and may bring your sanity up, though it makes it easier for monsters to see you.

In short, you must preserve your resources to stay alive.
I frankly never ran out -- maybe that's just because I was stubborn on using resources.
04-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Find
Dragslo Offline

Threads: 0

I actually find, sitting next to candles a nice thing to do (in closed rooms well to say) and I let him sit there in the game, running, as I go and fetch a cigarette Big Grin

I ran out of tinderboxes a bit faster in the start, but learned my lesson, it drove me nuts when he blurred out and the worst part was when he had the losest sanity....and then...a monster came x_x had to fire up the lantern and run like hell....but I escaped.

If someone annoys you, you either know nothing about them or everything
04-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Website Find