Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] AutoSave() only works onEnter()?
obstipator Offline

Threads: 1
[SOLVED] AutoSave() only works onEnter()?

I have a map with a few area scripts that do random crap and then try to AutoSave() after the scripts occur. However, whenever I die after the AutoSave() should have triggered, I respawn at the beginning of the map. I've looked through the Amnesia main maps, and it seems that AutoSave() is only called onEnter(). Is AutoSave() supposed to be able to work in the middle of a map? Is there a way I could make that happen so that right as I pick up a note or something, it saves my location?
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 05:11 PM by obstipator.)
01-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: AutoSave() only works onEnter()?

Have you checked how it is in the Amnesia scripts? I'd do it myself, but it's not installed on this computer.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
01-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(01-26-2011, 04:30 AM)obstipator Wrote: I have a map with a few area scripts that do random crap and then try to AutoSave() after the scripts occur. However, whenever I die after the AutoSave() should have triggered, I respawn at the beginning of the map. I've looked through the Amnesia main maps, and it seems that AutoSave() is only called onEnter(). Is AutoSave() supposed to be able to work in the middle of a map? Is there a way I could make that happen so that right as I pick up a note or something, it saves my location?

You do know that you need PlayerStartAreas for this? Just checking.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Find
obstipator Offline

Threads: 1

I was indeed missing that. I added those, in conjunction with a CheckPoint() to tell it which PlayerStart to use next. Thanks for the help!
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Find