Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

problems with penumbra collection
Zuitana Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago problems with penumbra collection

okay the root of this bastard of a problem is that i do OWN both, plague before i got the penumbra collection.
however, the blackbox.dll crashes before you can actually get to the freezer and/or soon after if you literally try to grab anything, such as a board.
however, you can progress to the computer room up, get the saw, and get the hand. (don't ask how that was made possible) however, the penumbra collection is a 1.0 version and refuses to be completed cause the hand does not appear, when you give the saw in the computer central. but blackbox doesen't seem to go apeshit every 2 secconds. now i tried patching these bastards over and over a million times. fact: if attempting to rewrite the folder where is black plague installed, the game reject both, collectors and black plagues disk. due to authentication issues. and thus the game is uncompletable in the collection. any ideas how to get around this problem?

EDIT:
oh i also forgot to mention, if attempting to play the game with either, patched, or blackplague or collection installed and either of 1 of the 3 is present anywhere in the whole comp, the game keeps crashing refuses any kind of co-operation and effort to completing it.
06-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: problems with penumbra collection

Uninstall all versions of Penumbra, and go to My Documents/ and delete the penumbra folders(if you want to save your saved games you will have to move them out of the save/ folders first)

Then install the Collection, to be sure that it is completely re-installed, use a new installation directory. DO NOT install any updates as the Collection is already up-to-date and try running the game.

If you played part of the game with black plague and then part of the game with the collection or vice versa chances are that the saved games have gone corrupt.
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Website Find
Zuitana Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: problems with penumbra collection

(06-30-2009, 01:07 PM)jens Wrote: Uninstall all versions of Penumbra, and go to My Documents/ and delete the penumbra folders(if you want to save your saved games you will have to move them out of the save/ folders first)

Then install the Collection, to be sure that it is completely re-installed, use a new installation directory. DO NOT install any updates as the Collection is already up-to-date and try running the game.

If you played part of the game with black plague and then part of the game with the collection or vice versa chances are that the saved games have gone corrupt.

well i have dismissed the black plague version out of use to severe problems attempting to get through the first parts. the thing about the collection is that this is NOT the updated 1.0.1 version or whatever, this sadly is infact the 1.0.0 so...i've conculed the only real way to get this thing would be to somehow find a)a patched 1.0.1 version in the shops wherever and have spent uneccersarrily much unawarely on buggy version. + account in luck that it definetly is the 1.0.1 not the 1.0.0 which could prove quite pain. OR b) get some sort of working patch specifically for the COLLECTION that fixes ALL not the games separetely, which in googles case is nightmare. so for my misfortune as you can see, i ran into the early dvd release not the patched one, and any separete patches just screw up the whole thing.
06-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Find