Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwing on the mac...
wizardbaker Offline

Threads: 5
Sad  Throwing on the mac...

I need a little help here. I have a mac, and because it dosen't have a right click, I can't throw. I've just been lobbing things around for now, and it works pretty well...until now...

See, I need to get to a bridge to turn a valve, but the bridge is held up by a rusty metal chain which needs to be broken. I can't break it because I need to throw a rock at it, and my lobbing is too inaccurate to hit it. I would get a mouse, but I don't have one, and I don't want to buy one right now. So is there any other way to either get passed that bridge or throw better

Cool thanks people
01-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Throwing on the mac...

just lob more accurately, without right click you cannot throw, and although you should be able to right click with command, you need to be olding down mouse 1 already, so you either get better at lobbing or you get a cheap mouse with 2 buttons,
01-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Can you rebind throw from mouse2 to another key perhaps?
01-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Find
jtr Offline

Threads: 1

I assume since you are able to play Amnesia on your Mac, it is a recent one, and those usually come with a Mighty Mouse by Apple. If that is the case, it has two buttons, but they are both assigned to primary mouse button by default. You can reassign the right button to "secondary button" a.k.a. right-click in the System preferences.
02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Find
mikael Offline

Threads: 2

The right approach would be to bind the throw action to a keyboard key. Even though most Apple mouses have the right-click function it may not work as the left-click is already in use when attempting to throw things.
02-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(02-02-2011, 08:32 AM)jtr Wrote: I assume since you are able to play Amnesia on your Mac, it is a recent one, and those usually come with a Mighty Mouse by Apple. If that is the case, it has two buttons, but they are both assigned to primary mouse button by default. You can reassign the right button to "secondary button" a.k.a. right-click in the System preferences.

yeah but the problem is you can't really click right while holding left, i don't mind mac pc's but their mouses are so bad.
02-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Find
jtr Offline

(02-02-2011, 10:54 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 08:32 AM)jtr Wrote: I assume since you are able to play Amnesia on your Mac, it is a recent one, and those usually come with a Mighty Mouse by Apple. If that is the case, it has two buttons, but they are both assigned to primary mouse button by default. You can reassign the right button to "secondary button" a.k.a. right-click in the System preferences.

yeah but the problem is you can't really click right while holding left, i don't mind mac pc's but their mouses are so bad.

indeed they are.. anyhow, I didnt know that, since the only macs I use are those at work, and I dont play Amnesia there for obvious reasons.
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Find
damiel42 Offline

(01-30-2011, 12:30 AM)wizardbaker Wrote: I need a little help here. I have a mac, and because it dosen't have a right click, I can't throw. I've just been lobbing things around for now, and it works pretty well...until now...

Go the Options menu, from the one that you get to by hitting Esc when you're in the game, where you also Save&Quit. Click "Input" then "Key Config." Then select "Actions" from the drop-down menu, and change "Throw" to whatever key you like. I used "T" just so I can remember it easily.

Hope that's helpful!
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Find
LSunday Offline

Like above- I rebound the key to 'F.'

On a side note, I actually prefer the mac mouse for most things- it just sucks for gaming.
02-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Find
Nycticorax Offline

Threads: 2

By default, "cmd" functions as a right-click in most Mac games, Amnesia included..
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Find