Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom_stories file cannot be located.
Durkon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Custom_stories file cannot be located.

Ok so to give you all the details
i'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4, 2.8ghz intel core 2 duo, 2.5gb ram
i downloaded Amnesia through Steam over the christmas holidays, completed it, fantastic game.
I thought i'd try out the custom stories, but didn't know how to do it. So i looked online and found the forum, it explained everything i needed to know, download the file, extract the content, put it in the custom stories file ect.
So i tried this, and got as far as extracting the content of the file, but didn't know where to go from there.
I did some more research, trawling through threads on this forum, and a few other pages. I came across someone who said to
go to the Amnesia Application;
right click->show package contents->Contents->Resources-> then drop into the "custom_stories" file. For the guy who posted the help thread this worked, but when i tried i got to the resources file but there was no "custom_stories"
I tried making my own, but of course that didn't work...
Any suggestions as to what i can do?
Cheers
01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Custom_stories file cannot be located.

That is for non-steam releases of Amneisa. for Steam releases there should be a custom_stories folder on the "amnesia the dark descent" folder in your SteamApps cache.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Website Find
Durkon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Custom_stories file cannot be located.

Ah thank you very much for the quick reply.
I'm not on my imac right now but i'll take a look at that tomorrow and let you know if it worked!
Cheers
02-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Find