Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom UI and Player Sounds
congeries Offline

Threads: 1
Custom UI and Player Sounds

I'm working on a custom story with a female PC, and am trying to figure out how to change the player's reaction sounds (breathing, panting, etc.) to custom sound files in a way that won't overwrite the original files and can be distributed in a custom story.

I've tried copying the .snt files (from, say, sounds > ui > hurt_pant.snt, etc.) into my custom story folder and then setting them to point to my files, but it doesn't seem to work. I imagine that changing the place the original .snt files point to would do the trick, but that would change them for the original game as well, which I don't want to do.

Has anyone tried this and figured it out?
02-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Custom UI and Player Sounds

You need the ogg files bound to snt files too. And if you want to edit a snt file, just open it with notepad (preferably notepad++) and make the necessary changes.

Put it them into custom_story/your_custom_story/sounds folder.

Next time, searching before asking will help you a lot.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011, 03:15 AM by Tanshaydar.)
02-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Website Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

(02-08-2011, 03:14 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Next time, searching before asking will help you a lot.

Not really, asking is easier and gives faster results.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011, 03:40 AM by kailip.)
02-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(02-08-2011, 03:40 AM)kailip Wrote: Not really, asking is easier and gives faster results.

Someone doesn't know how to use search :/

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

Sure, asking is always easier for the person asking. Not for the people answering.

*slaps Kailip in the face*
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Find
congeries Offline

Threads: 1

No, I actually tried that--putting the (copied) SNT files and (custom) OGG files into custom_stories/[nameofcustomstory]/sounds, then opening the copied SNT file with Notepad/Notepad++ and changing the sound names to those of my custom OGG files. But when I try going back into the game and opening my custom story, it still plays the original files.

I searched the forums before posting, but all I could find was this thread, which is for changing the sounds for all custom stories/the game itself: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-6060.html

Here's my edited SNT file (the one in my custom story's sounds folder):

<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
          <Sound File="newhurt_pant1" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="0.5" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011, 12:14 AM by congeries.)
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Find