Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain effect on windows[SOLVED]
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6
Rain effect on windows[SOLVED]

Ok ill have to ask for some help again...I know I found a custom story once that used rain running down the glass of some castle windows and it looked really good, but I cant find it...

I am currently trying to do the same thing.

Tried making my own particle effect, but whenever i give the water particle a fixed axis to run down from it stops working, so i can only use particle water effect if i can live with that the axis is not fixed but follows the camera (like lightrays, unless you fix them). And that is not acceptable, since it will make it look like the water is running down anything from the wrong angle....

I tried making a plane instead, and used the streaming sewer water and after much editing got it to look somewhat ok (only a bit too green...), but primitives are not possible to activate/deactivate, so that plan faled (its not suppose to rain all the time).

I tried making a water area right at the window glass with waves that could produce the wished for effect, but no that did not work at all. Then you need to have something at the window always make waves....

Well now im running out of ideas, seems noone have had this problem before, google and forum search gives me nothing, I want to find that custom story that had that so I can look at closer at that. Anyone have an idea on how to make rainwater flow down a window?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM by Vradcly.)
02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Find
Vradcly Offline

RE: Rain effect on windows

I solved it myself, just needed some lunch to calm the nerves Smile. Experimented with the particle effect theory and made it look fine Smile.
02-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
Pooka Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Rain effect on windows[SOLVED]

Could you elaborate? It's always frustrating to see something has been solved for one person and then simply leave everyone else in the cold.
02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

RE: Rain effect on windows[SOLVED]

Oh i created my own particle system for it, not much more to say about it, had it activated when i wanted the rain to start. If anyone had a solution that is already built in from the beginning it should be great to know Smile.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM by Vradcly.)
02-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Find