Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I only wish Amnesia would be on consoles for one reason...
Providence King Offline

Threads: 0
RE: I only wish Amnesia would be on consoles for one reason...

The only reason most developers aim at consoles is because of the mass increase of souless game pirates on the pc who dont care about supporting the developers like frictional games Sad. The pc used to be the main gaming system until selling pc games became more of a hassle due to being able to illegally download them for free.
02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(02-16-2011, 08:50 PM)Kein Wrote:
(02-14-2011, 02:33 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: They would get bored after 5 minutes, because Amnesia is not CoD: Black Ops.

A classic/ethalon example of console gamer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2STtTkvb...age#t=827s

99% of them is like that.

...and so are 99% of pc gamers, what is your point?

(02-17-2011, 05:47 PM)Providence King Wrote: The only reason most developers aim at consoles is because of the mass increase of souless game pirates on the pc who dont care about supporting the developers like frictional games Sad. The pc used to be the main gaming system until selling pc games became more of a hassle due to being able to illegally download them for free.

What, what, what, no?

Any developer who quotes piracy as a reason why they don't develop on the pc is lying through their teeth. Sure, it's harder to pull off, but still possible. There are a handful of benefits for developing for a console, sure, but exemption from piracy is not one of them.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 05:35 AM by Sel.)
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(02-17-2011, 05:47 PM)Providence King Wrote: The only reason most developers aim at consoles is because of the mass increase of souless game pirates on the pc who dont care about supporting the developers like frictional games Sad. The pc used to be the main gaming system until selling pc games became more of a hassle due to being able to illegally download them for free.

acctually, i think it's because of the large player base and higher selling price. also because they only need to cater for one universal system, whereas PC can vary.
02-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:...and so are 99% of pc gamers, what is your point?
PC gamers? PC gaming? r u srs
There is no such things anymore. Every game released for PC is a favor publisher doing for those ppl who once was "pc gamers".

Quote:Any developer who quotes piracy as a reason why they don't develop on the pc is lying through their teeth.
Sure, tell that EA: http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/crysis-leak
Tell that to all publishers who don't release DLC for PC and whose games do not support AA (nvidia partner program TWIMTBP is f*cking free, you retards) because it is not worth to make "true" PC game. They all use such excuse about piracy.

I DON'T want to see Frictional's games on consoles. Even bigger and successful studios can't afford developing two games for each platforms, not even saying Frics can do that. It means if their next game will be for consoles as well, it can't avoid all the changes that affects other multi-platform games. Too sad that "overall simplification & casualisation" is the most common thing that affect such projects. There is a incredible amount of examples, and i already mentioned one before: Crysis 2.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 09:35 AM by Kein.)
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Oh, c'mon Kein, you don't see the "big picture".

02-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Website Find
Sel Offline

(02-18-2011, 09:34 AM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:...and so are 99% of pc gamers, what is your point?
PC gamers? PC gaming? r u srs
There is no such things anymore. Every game released for PC is a favor publisher doing for those ppl who once was "pc gamers".

Sorry I don't understand, one second you're promoting the PC GAMER MASTER RACE over 'consoletards', and now you're saying that pc gamers don't actually exist.

Right.

Do I even have to explain why this is the stupidest thing I've seen in a while, or can you figure it out yourself.

(02-18-2011, 09:34 AM)Kein Wrote: Sure, tell that EA: http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/crysis-leak
Tell that to all publishers who don't release DLC for PC and whose games do not support AA (nvidia partner program TWIMTBP is f*cking free, you retards) because it is not worth to make "true" PC game. They all use such excuse about piracy.

Did you even read my post? Here I'll quote it again just for you.

(02-17-2011, 05:48 PM)Sel Wrote: Any developer who quotes piracy as a reason why they don't develop on the pc is lying through their teeth. Sure, it's harder to pull off, but still possible. There are a handful of benefits for developing for a console, sure, but exemption from piracy is not one of them.

Read it this time.

(02-18-2011, 09:34 AM)Kein Wrote: I DON'T want to see Frictional's games on consoles. Even bigger and successful studios can't afford developing two games for each platforms, not even saying Frics can do that. It means if their next game will be for consoles as well, it can't avoid all the changes that affects other multi-platform games.

Not even worth responding to.

(02-18-2011, 09:34 AM)Kein Wrote: Too sad that "overall simplification & casualisation" is the most common thing that affect such projects. There is a incredible amount of examples, and i already mentioned one before: Crysis 2.

You can quote consolification, and oversimplification all you want like the idiot you are, but it won't change anything. If you honestly think simplifying mechanics is always a bad thing you're wrong.

Here's some examples that show just how dumb you are.

Team Fortress --> Team fortress 2 (At launch obv, not now)
Mass effect --> Mass Effect 2
Company of Heroes (At launch again)
Halo 1

Each of these simplified mechanics from their predecessors/counterparts and in turn made a significantly better game.

Oh and, let not forget.

Penumbra:OV --> Black Plague --> Amnesia

Yup, how does it feel, Frictional simplifies their mechanics too, and are perfectly ripe for the metaphorical picking and being tossed into the console devs basket.

First they removed the combat system, then they simplified the puzzles, and items between BP, and Amnesia (And more obviously, but I don't think I need to write an essay just to prove you wrong even more~)

PS: How would you know crysis is oversimplified, did you play it, dirty pirate leaker user !~~~~~

Oh also anyone else spewing THE DEATH OF PC GAMING IN FAVOUR OF CONSOLES FOREVER OMGOMGOMG

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/20...pc-gaming/
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 04:10 AM by Sel.)
02-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Sorry, at first, I didn't realize you were just a brute and straight console tard. Now I see why there is so much butthurt :P

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

That's a very interesting link Sel, I didn't realize PC as a gaming platform was making that much.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
02-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Find
wayfareangel Offline

Actually I think Frictional has things covered as far as pirating is concerned. Being a Canadian, we don't have Hulu so sometimes I'll go to the Pirate Bay to pick up the latest episode of something I've missed on TV. Yes, yes, I know, bad me. But I'm chronically ill, I get to be a bit bad. Out of curiosity, since someone was silly enough to at one point mention on this board that their pirated copy wasn't working, I did a quick search for Amnesia to see what sort of people were stealing from a humble indie company.

I will stress now that no, I DID NOT pirate Amnesia, have no intention of doing so, and was introduced to it by the lovely Mangaminx's LP and intend to shell out money for a copy when I can spare it.

Now, on to things.

I am quite pleased to report that with most of the torrents for the game, the commentators kept complaining about the game having errors installing and playing. While some people might have the patience to try and work around these things to get their pirated copies working, I'm sure the majority of people will just get frustrated and give up and hopefully buy a legitimate copy.

I don't know about you guys, but knowing thieves are having issues with their pirated versions of Amnesia makes me feel kind of nice.
02-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Find
Sel Offline

(02-19-2011, 09:06 AM)Kein Wrote: Sorry, at first, I didn't realize you were just a brute and straight console tard. Now I see why there is so much butthurt Tongue

Are you a professional moron, or just a gifted amateur?

I'm sorry if my post somehow mislead you into thinking I play with consoles, here I'll clear up the matter for you.

I own a Wii, with two games, and I haven't touched any of it for about 8 months.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 04:34 PM by Sel.)
02-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Find