Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I only wish Amnesia would be on consoles for one reason...
Dilanadu Offline

Threads: 2
I only wish Amnesia would be on consoles for one reason...

and that is to make console purists realize what a true scary game is :S

Seeing people say that Dead Space 2 is the scariest game they've ever played makes me wish they could play Amnesia >_< haha
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: I only wish Amnesia would be on consoles for one reason...

They would get bored after 5 minutes, because Amnesia is not CoD: Black Ops.

02-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Website Find
Dilanadu Offline

Probably. I mean, I have to admit I enjoyed Dead Space 1 & 2, and I'll play black ops here and there, but I don't like how when I've tried to explain to people what Amnesia is about they go "no weapons? that sounds gay" -__-
02-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Find
Taken6243 Offline

Threads: 1

(02-14-2011, 02:33 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: They would get bored after 5 minutes, because Amnesia is not CoD: Black Ops.

That's a bit of a stretch. Not all console gamers have to have mindless shooting to enjoy a game, I know lots of console gamers that are sick of Black Ops and want unique experiences. Dodgy

I actually wouldn't have minded Amnesia coming to the consoles. It could be on the Xbox Marketplace or whatever playstation has. This is a gaming experience that I believe should be experienced by all gamers. Besides the consoles are in need of an actual horror game. Everybody is instantly assuming Alan Wake as a horror game, Dead Space 2 is being called scary..DodgyDodgyDodgy
02-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
Dilanadu Offline

Yeah, Remedy has said that Alan Wake is a thriller; people are just stupid and calling it a horror game. And yes, I didn't find Dead Space to be scary, however, I still had fun with it.

I think it could be on XBL Arcade easily, they could just change the control scheme to something as simple as using X to equip your lantern, hold left trigger to run, use right trigger in combination with the left thumbstick to open doors/manipulate objects, click in the left thumbstick to crouch, etc.
02-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
Taken6243 Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah...it would be cool if it was on the marketplace.
02-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You guys make it sound like easier than to put the cake on the table from another one. Calling some players mindless shooters and being mindless about this... How ironic.

02-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Website Find
Dilanadu Offline

(02-14-2011, 02:33 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: They would get bored after 5 minutes, because Amnesia is not CoD: Black Ops.

(02-14-2011, 05:19 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: You guys make it sound like easier than to put the cake on the table from another one. Calling some players mindless shooters and being mindless about this... How ironic.

Wait, what? lol
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Find
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3

1- Kinect, 1- Projector, 1- 5.1 surround system,1- room with no lights, and 1- copy of amnesia.

how much immersed could you get than actually grabbing at things. right hand grab motion. left hand from hip up for lantern. Right hand hip for INV. both hands on hip for menu. I would buy kinect just for amnesia if this worked.
02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

(02-16-2011, 09:12 AM)Badger Wrote: 1- Kinect, 1- Projector, 1- 5.1 surround system,1- room with no lights, and 1- copy of amnesia.

how much immersed could you get than actually grabbing at things. right hand grab motion. left hand from hip up for lantern. Right hand hip for INV. both hands on hip for menu. I would buy kinect just for amnesia if this worked.

Another kinect-player...

GTFO. and never come back.
Jesus...

How much bored would you be holding the lantern? How retarded would you be picking up the objects... i mean, the air. lol
Games weren't made to be moving around... When they create some kind of virtual reality it will be f*cking badass, but motion controllers are LAME.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 12:56 PM by kailip.)
02-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Find